Proud Cayuga owners!!!!

my beautiful babies outside, i think i have a pair
wee.gif

Thanks for the responses to the use of Cayugas as meat birds. Unfortunately I do have my heart set on having the skin on the bird to roast. I do believe that fat is fabulous! We save the duck fat for cooking in. Yum!! i got quite sick going threw two pregnancies and being a vegetarian and cooking in plant oils (plant oils go rancid when using them for frying and sauteing)
I will just plan on ordering a few Cayugas with the Pekings this year and give them a try.

Hi all! I haven't read through all the posts, no time right now. I just have a question.
I bought 3 Cayuga ducklings at TSC this year and wondered, do they have different voices like Pekins? Do the males have a whispery quack? If so, I think I got all three females, lol.

Just had to share a pic of my babies which were only a few days old when I took this picture but they sure do love my dog! They follow her around outside, it's too cute!

Oh my goodness! Your new mallard/cayuga cross looks gorgeous! How will those colourings turn when he gets older?

I've got one cayuga and a khaki campbell. Both around 9-10 months old and laying very well (yum yum, lucky for us!). Over the past few weeks, our cayuga has been quacking crazy early in the morning then despite being fed immediately and having access to water, having already laid in their house - she continues quacking for hours and hours! It's so strange as usually they're both very quiet, with the odd quack when they see us in the garden and want a treat it just to day hi! Any tips? We've tried keeping them out later to tire them out, giving them an extra feed at night before bed, letting them out earlier and later in the morning.. It's getting a bit much! Don't want my neighbours complaining!

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Oh and if someone lets me know how to upload photos I'll upload some!

Where do you find Cayuga's? I have been trying to find some for a few months and cant find any locally. If anyone is in TN and wants to sell a couple let me know or if you know where I can order a few from?
fl.gif

I got my original stock from Metzer Farms (in California). Www.metzerfarms.com

I HIGHLY recommend Metzer! I have purchased ducks from them 3 times, and would have bought my Toulouse goslings from them this year, had I not waited too long for seasonal layers... (geese).

Last edited:
I ordered mine from Murray McMurray and am happy with how they are turning out. I'm not a show person but they have a nice green sheen to them and are a decent size so I'm happy.

Back
Top Bottom