I had a lav orp he turned aggressive would pace the fence trying to attack me so dinner he went the black silkie could be a cockerel the white is pullet

That’s the one my partner wants to keep. He is huge! But so far our 8 month old hens are not being very nice to any of the roosters at all, so I’m just not sure if we’re going to be able to keep one!
Give them some time. Once they are fully mature, they will probably have worked it out. In my opinion, having older females “teach” younger cockerels is good for them. When the females are the same age, the cockerels reach sexual maturity first, and then harass the pullets before they are ready. Eventually everyone grows up and it’s all good.

Give them some time. Once they are fully mature, they will probably have worked it out. In my opinion, having older females “teach” younger cockerels is good for them. When the females are the same age, the cockerels reach sexual maturity first, and then harass the pullets before they are ready. Eventually everyone grows up and it’s all good.
Thank you! I find this really reassuring. They were pretty brutal, to the point where I was pretty scared for the roosters, but this definitely gives me hope. I am bummed about how many roosters we ended up with, so I would love to be able to keep one. We’ll definitely give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom