Purchasing Chicks in Tucson, AZ

fowl weathered friend

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Does anyone know where I can purchase just a few --2-3-- quality, healthy chicks in Tucson?
Past experience has made me wary of feed stores here, and I'm trying to find specialty breeds like Cochins or a Buff Orpingtons, if possible.

I would order from online, but I don't want 15-25 chicks, which is typically the minimum order.

Does anyone have suggestions, or a local feed store that they would highly recommend?

Thank you!
big_smile.png

Am still looking for largefowl ARAUCANA chickens! Live in Alamogordo, NM and lost a trio of breeders to a neighbor dog. Have about 60 breeds of poultry to show people, but the Araucana is a personal favorite of mine.

Heard that people in AZ have them, but have not been able to locate anyone over there with some available for sale.

Please advise, even chicks would be great, maybe even better: Would rather have chicks shipped to me.

Please contact me, call anytime at 575-437-0545 or my email, [email protected] and my website is VIKINGPEACOCKS.com

Happy Spring birding, everyone!

CallahanPeacocks&Poultry :

Am still looking for largefowl ARAUCANA chickens! Live in Alamogordo, NM and lost a trio of breeders to a neighbor dog. Have about 60 breeds of poultry to show people, but the Araucana is a personal favorite of mine.

Heard that people in AZ have them, but have not been able to locate anyone over there with some available for sale.

Please advise, even chicks would be great, maybe even better: Would rather have chicks shipped to me.

Please contact me, call anytime at 575-437-0545 or my email, [email protected] and my website is VIKINGPEACOCKS.com

Happy Spring birding, everyone!

Hi Carol! Nice to see you on here. How's Bruce?​

I have chicks. I have bantams but I also have a group of heritage breeds but the chicks are mixes of them. They are Australorp, SilverLeghorn (the rooster), gold and black comet, Delaware, Acona. The chicks are pretty nice, but if you want purebred chicks these are not. I hatched them because their parents are good layers. I'm in Marana. Email [email protected] if you are still interested.

Tucson. If you are patient they sell them at the ace hardwares. They are pretty knowledgeable about the breeds and have electrolytes and supplies for them. I have had really good luck with them and almost always they are pullets.

Does anyone know where I can purchase just a few --2-3-- quality, healthy chicks in Tucson?
Past experience has made me wary of feed stores here, and I'm trying to find specialty breeds like Cochins or a Buff Orpingtons, if possible.

I would order from online, but I don't want 15-25 chicks, which is typically the minimum order.

Does anyone have suggestions, or a local feed store that they would highly recommend?

Thank you!
big_smile.png
Check out the breed club websites and see if there are any breeders in your area.

Cochins International www.cochinsint.com

United Orpington Club www.unitedorpingtonclub.com

Back
Top Bottom