pure richardson strain red jungle fowl

The hen looks like a much better specimen. I cannot determine if it is pure or not from just the single picture alone. As an fyi, not having combs and lappets is required of a pure specimen, but at the same time, not having a comb doesn't mean that it is pure. There are confirmed hybrids where the hen does not show combs too.

If your objective is to have specimens that look as close as possible to the pure ones, the ones in your photos will suffice. But if you actually want the original pure specimens, you'll have to go beyond the "no comb on the hens". You'll need to look into the eclipse molt of the male, the number of eggs the hen lays, how wild and flighty they are, etc.

Last edited:
what is eclipse molt

It looses his breeding plumages yearly as ornamental pheasants, in this case it looses all his hackle feathers replace by black feathers.
here is a guy I think he is also on byc by the name of friederich esser who have such rjf. currently all his photo s is copyrighted I hope you can get hold of him so that he can post some or you will get him on the well known social network

Quote:
It's like what De Wet says. Go to Google and image search "eclipse molt, red jungle fowl" and it'll show you some examples.

Quote:
I think he is on byc too. I remember reading his posts in the peacock section. His rjf are what I would consider pure. Too bad it's exceptionally difficult to get them into the U.S.

thank u all for the replies
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom