Purely Poultry???

Quote:
That is when he slated to get them. Something his Grandma use to do when her farm was up and running. I am not questioning. I am enjoying this panic from him a bit too much. I was tempted to order them next month, but I think he will have a melt down if he has to add 15 more birds to the list at this point.
Then there is the fact that the birds will all be here in the end of March and beginning of April. We have to get the garden ready and planted in May and I guess June would have all of the birds and garden work he has to do under control.

The comedy that is happening here is so worth it that I am planning to get more from PP in the future.
My sides hurt from me laughing so hard. I think I am going to split a seam.

Quote:
How about Most orders take 2 to 4 weeks to fill. Occasionally orders are filled the same day other may have a slightly longer wait. This is due to what is available from our suppliers.

Quote:
That is when he slated to get them. Something his Grandma use to do when her farm was up and running. I am not questioning. I am enjoying this panic from him a bit too much. I was tempted to order them next month, but I think he will have a melt down if he has to add 15 more birds to the list at this point.
Then there is the fact that the birds will all be here in the end of March and beginning of April. We have to get the garden ready and planted in May and I guess June would have all of the birds and garden work he has to do under control.

The comedy that is happening here is so worth it that I am planning to get more from PP in the future.
My sides hurt from me laughing so hard. I think I am going to split a seam.

You are evil for enjoying your husbands panic so much.
lau.gif
lau.gif

I feel his pain for sure. I need to build a coop and run. I started out planning an 8X12, but it has grown to 10X24, I think. That way I will have room for expansion as well as rabbits which is another venture that I am planning on getting into.

I have lots to do in the garden to get it ready. Compost piles to get working again as they have been pretty dormant over the Winter. I have baby chicks and a miniature greenhouse in the utility room. I started a few seeds earlier this week and have drawn and re-drawn chicken coops until I am going crazy wanting to get started on something. And everything outside is white with snow.
hit.gif

Oh yeah, I also ordered 500 earthworms last weekend that should show up eventually.

I am so looking forward to Spring and warmer weather!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Well with all the times we had a ton of things to get done in one day and I was doing the running and panicking while he sat and watched this is fair play. The tables turned and he is so entertaining me atm.
wee.gif

Seeds get started next month. Since I am in zone 5 I have to start much later than I did in Philly.

Not worried about worms. The guys like to fish, so what they have left over we toss into the garden beds. The one place I had the neighbors could not believe the number of night crawlers we had in the yard. That was just one season of fishing and tossing the leftovers in the gardens.

Quote:
Or I can always order them in March or April and have the shipped ASAP and watch the comedy continue.
lol.png
I am such an evil wife, but normally I am the one panicking and trying to get everything done at once.

Now my grandfather is probably looking down on me going "That's my girl" while the hubby is going nuts. My grandmother is probably wanting to give me a pat on the back for not cracking up in the hubby's face. His grandmother (about 90 yrs old) told him to "suck it up", when he told her all he had to do. I love her so much. She lives in WV on 55 acres and has so much spunk. She does everything the "old fashion" way. She along with my grandmother are my inspiration.

The main coop will be 12 x 12 for our ladies to enjoy. The boys will be in a separate coop. Then he wants a coop for the breeders. I keep telling him to let the chickens take care of all that, but he wants to do it his way. The duck goose house I think is going to be a 10 x 10, but he may have changed that. Not sure what is going to happen with the turkeys. I keep telling him simple is better. He has to do complicated.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom