purple eggs???

I have a purple layer. She is a Marans Araucana cross. Here is a few pics of her eggs. Beautiful color. They have faded to a light brown now. I bred her with an Ameraucana cock. I can hardly wait to see what her offspring lay.

another interesting post of yours! when you say marans/araucana cross which one is male and which one female?

what do her offspring lay?

All of the Langshans in the US are considered to be Croad or at least descended from the Croad. Many still lay these plum colored eggs and many do not. It would be a shame to lose the body conformation for egg color in this breed.

I know this is an older post, but Croad Langshans breed originated in Asia, and Langshan is a region in the north of China, close to the Mongolian border. The first Langshans in Europe (in Britan) were imported by Major F. T. Croad in 1872. Croad Langshans in Europe are the descendants of these birds.

http://www.aviculture-europe.nl/nummers/10E06A07.pdf

Yes, and the Langshans from the US were originally brought to the borders from England and the Croad lineage.

However, since we only have the single type of Langshan in the US, there is no reason to differentiate and use the term "Craod" to describe the bird.

I came to this thread to figure out which of my birds are laying the gray and purple-ish eggs. There are a handful of 'Easter eggers' from a chain feed store, as well as two 'olive eggers' from a local breeder. So somewhere in those mixed breeds, this purpleish egg came through....

I came to this thread to figure out which of my birds are laying the gray and purple-ish eggs. There are a handful of 'Easter eggers' from a chain feed store, as well as two 'olive eggers' from a local breeder. So somewhere in those mixed breeds, this purpleish egg came through....

love it!!! now that would be a cool thing to find in your nesting box, easter eggers are the best.

Would love to resurrect (a little Easter pun) this thread. Curious to hear experiences where people consciously and with purpose bred some cross-breeds that lay purplish eggs or do these all just happen by chance, other than croad langshans.

Would love to resurrect (a little Easter pun) this thread. Curious to hear experiences where people consciously and with purpose bred some cross-breeds that lay purplish eggs or do these all just happen by chance, other than croad langshans.
my sort of black sex link lays purple eggs.

Back
Top Bottom