putting new with old ones

I put 4 week olds and 2 week olds together without a single problem. I think it's easier to put them together when they're young.

BTW......is your brooder a spa? Too cool!

How old do young ones generally have to be before putting them in with older hens ?
Thanks
-Toddy

p.s. im sorry if this was in this thread somewhere, i must have missed it
idunno.gif

Quote:
They need some time to see each other without getting hurt. I put mine in a small coop next to the hens run. They have that time to get used to seeing each other. I wait until they are about the same size (14 weeks or so) then add them in at night. The first 2 weeks is tough, mostly the babies just hid wherever they could. And they would get beat up every time they came out into the run. After that, things settled down and they are fine now.

If you have a way to partition off your coop, it would probably work better.

Quote:
They need some time to see each other without getting hurt. I put mine in a small coop next to the hens run. They have that time to get used to seeing each other. I wait until they are about the same size (14 weeks or so) then add them in at night. The first 2 weeks is tough, mostly the babies just hid wherever they could. And they would get beat up every time they came out into the run. After that, things settled down and they are fine now.

If you have a way to partition off your coop, it would probably work better.

Thanks, nice info !!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom