PVC pipe cutter dispatch info and demonstration

HenriettaPizzaNolan

Raising Layers and Meat Birds in the City
Premium Feather Member
Apr 22, 2022
Northern Ohio
This might seem like a morbid thing to ask for but does anyone have a video of someone doing the PVC pipe cutter method for dispatch? I'm interested in this method and know some of you guys use it, but I'm really hesitant to try something I haven't seen before. I don't want to mess it up.

I am a woman and I am still searching for a method that is easy for me to do (lack of grip/wrist/arm strength). I work out daily but I still had a mishap last time when trying to do axe/stump method. I've considered broomstick but it's not an option right now because my husband considers it inhumane (maybe I'll convince him otherwise in the future).

If anyone can provide detailed instructions and/or a video on this method, it would be appreciated. I couldn't find any on youtube.

This might seem like a morbid thing to ask for but does anyone have a video of someone doing the PVC pipe cutter method for dispatch? I'm interested in this method and know some of you guys use it, but I'm really hesitant to try something I haven't seen before. I don't want to mess it up.

I am a woman and I am still searching for a method that is easy for me to do (lack of grip/wrist/arm strength). I work out daily but I still had a mishap last time when trying to do axe/stump method. I've considered broomstick but it's not an option right now because my husband considers it inhumane (maybe I'll convince him otherwise in the future).

If anyone can provide detailed instructions and/or a video on this method, it would be appreciated. I couldn't find any on youtube.
I'm a retired woman. I use a cut up kitty litter jug as a cone for chickens. I have a bought cone for turkeys.
I use electric tape around the ankles so if they get away from me I have an easier time catching them again. I had a turkey get away this spring and he was able to kangaroo 40 ft before I caught up with him. If he could have run I never would have caught him again 😂

KIMG0330_01.JPG

I grab the wattles and pull the head and neck out. I use the PVC cutters to cut through the neck. Sometimes the skin on the plastic side, opposite the blade, doesn't get cut, but the neck bones are and the veins. The bird will go into death throws and bleed out.

The only time it didn't work as expected was when the blade got dull . Then it took more effort. I also have used this cutter on each side to cut the arteries on on older turkeys to just bleed out.

A friend din't like the bone crunching sound when it goes through bone. He prefers to shoot them... but it didn't work out quickly enough when he shot my first tom. He ended up finishing him off with loppers while I held toms feet, after 3 CB cap shots.

I never took a video, I'm by myself .

Hope this helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230906-200458.png
    Screenshot_20230906-200458.png
    391.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm a retired woman. I use a cut up kitty litter jug as a cone for chickens. I have a bought cone for turkeys.
I use electric tape around the ankles so if they get away from me I have an easier time catching them again. I had a turkey get away this spring and he was able to kangaroo 40 ft before I caught up with him. If he could have run I never would have caught him again 😂

View attachment 3775162
I grab the wattles and pull the head and neck out. I use the PVC cutters to cut through the neck. Sometimes the skin on the plastic side, opposite the blade, doesn't get cut, but the neck bones are and the veins. The bird will go into death throws and bleed out.

The only time it didn't work as expected was when the blade got dull . Then it took more effort. I also have used this cutter on each side to cut the arteries on on older turkeys to just bleed out.

A friend din't like the bone crunching sound when it goes through bone. He prefers to shoot them... but it didn't work out quickly enough when he shot my first tom. He ended up finishing him off with loppers while I held toms feet, after 3 CB cap shots.

I never took a video, I'm by myself .

Hope this helps
Thanks! That is helpful.

About where on the neck do you place the PVC cutters? Closer toward the base of the skull or a little further down the neck? Which side of the neck do you put the non-cutting side of the cutters? Does that matter?

Thanks! That is helpful.

About where on the neck do you place the PVC cutters? Closer toward the base of the skull or a little further down the neck? Which side of the neck do you put the non-cutting side of the cutters? Does that matter?
I put passed the wattles because they are harder to cut. But unless you're saving the neck for broth it doesn't matter. The end of the neck will be bloody and a pain to clean up. I usually cut the end off again.
When you get a hold of the head or wattles they will pull back. If you keep steady pressure they will relax, like pulling a worm out of it hole.
I usually put the blade on the back of the neck and the curved plastic on the front.

In reality it Doesn't matter, I just want for sure dead

Back
Top Bottom