pyncheon thread

Quote:
The little hens have the most beautiful personalities, don't they?
One of my little hens, Veronica, is IN LOVE with my husband( I call her "the other woman"). The minute she hears his voice, she comes running as hard as she can to get to "her man".
smile.png

The hens are fine but my roosters are a bit peckish (my hand if they get close enough--which I don't let happen often). I notice that two of the chicks jump at my hand too when I put the water in (roos? Could be).

That's too funny......they are a commical breed sometimes......i just had three chicks hatch out about a week ago....one is white....I now have a full trio of white Pyncheons....just another project to play with. Always glad to hear of other people's "Pyncheon endeavors".....keep us posted....

I lucked out....I now have a mature pair of whites and it looks like this new chick will be a pullet.....I'm hoping to get some more hatched yet this year..... I will post some more photos soon....

Last edited:
Well, you were absolutely right-all pinkish legs.
Anyway, here are pictures of the 4 babies I have right now.

These are the two promising ones:

17106_pyncheon_baby_1.jpg

17106_pyncheon_baby_2.jpg

These two are not promising:

17106_pyncheon_baby_3.jpg

Definitely a little roo in this last one.
17106_pyncheon_baby_4.jpg

I definitely want to hatch a bunch more but one of the mothers hatched these herself so she is not laying. The other mother that I started with was killed by a snake but her two, now grown babies (both hens) are in with the roos now but one of them is the crest-less one. I do have to say though, of the babies so far the crest-less one has the best mille fleur pattern. The roos seem to hate her though.

lots of good info here...thank you :)
eta:cute birds too...ill get pictures of my roo here in a little bit to post.... :)

Last edited:
Does anyone know of anyone selling eggs or chicks? I know there was one hatchery once that had some but I can't remember which one.

Back
Top Bottom