pyncheon thread

I got a call back from the American Livestock breed conservancy --about the Pyncheon breed and why they do not list it. it is a rather depressing explanation. according to their research the pyncheons out there (as few as there are) are not real pyncheons they are reconstructed to look like them but do not have the original stock in them. so there is no way they would consider listing them unless someone found a flock or two with actual history to them. I know there are some breeders in australia and the UK , but hey are possibly in the same situation (do we have UK/AU people on here?). does anyone know of people outside the US who actually have had historical flocks?

My "just for fun" pyncheons are getting their tassels. None of the chicks had vaulted skulls.

My guys are almost seven weeks, and the three I thought had green legs are blue. The rest are white. Anyone know who has yellow or green-legged stock?
Here's a few pics of my chicks. There's not enough white on some and entirely too much white on others.

I know I am hitting an old thread here, but its hard not to with pyncheons. I have the worst luck of picking out birds to breed! I have pyncheons, sultans, and appenzellers. All three have severe conformation/color problems. But hey, it gives me a project haha. I have a very young pair of pyncheons from Privett Hatchery (I am not expecting great stock) What do I cross with to obtain the willow legs? I will post pics later of mine. It appears they will have an excess of white. Anyone have quality eggs for sale???

Hi! What color legs do yours have? Mine have white legs, buy their feathering isn't bad. If I can figure out how to post pics, I will. I have a roo and a a couple of hens. I need to separate them out from my other banty hens so I can collect just the Pyncheon eggs.

We just got Pyncheons this year. I really like these guys - friendly, inquisitive, and pretty to boot. I have five now, two mille fleur and three porcelain. I would like to get some more, and would like an outcross. Does anyone know of someone who sells pyncheon hatching eggs of decent quality?

We just got Pyncheons this year. I really like these guys - friendly, inquisitive, and pretty to boot. I have five now, two mille fleur and three porcelain. I would like to get some more, and would like an outcross. Does anyone know of someone who sells pyncheon hatching eggs of decent quality?
how did you get porcelains? i couldnt find anyone who still had them breeding. i got my stock from privet i think. i did not like them, they had a bad habit of feather eating to the point of aggression. this may be due to their line, but as i mentioned above the ALBC claims the line is broken so i gave them away. they also were highly suseptible to mareks, even with the vaccination.

Back
Top Bottom