pyncheon thread

I still think they are Polish crosses because of the slate legs on that hen in front. I however would never as the others told you "work towards true tolbunt" with them. I would work towards true "mille fleur". They have such a good start. You could have a whole new color, lol.

thumbsup.gif

love.gif

love.gif

love.gif

love.gif

Love Pyncheons
smile.png
no matter what color they happen to hatch out.

I went searching for these a couple of years ago. Not sure if they are offering them anymore but Welp hatchery used to have them. They stated that leg color was off even back then so if you could even get them only expect pet quality. They are such cute birds.

I ordered some on several occasions during 2010 & 2011. The chicks were very small & fragile with a loss on every order even though they arrived in less than 48 hours. Hatchery policy is that they add extras,which never were Pynch. ,so unless you order only Pynch,you can't account for lost chicks.Pet quality-white legs-,lopped combs,mostly crested,quite colorful at maturity but hens faded becoming mostly white w/speckles after first molt.And seemed to have losses for no reasons. I only have a handful of survivors left which are very nice pets kept in confinement as not sure they could survive otherwise. So far they lay very few eggs & haven't become broody. I lost some chicks very early as never realized young chicks could fly at a couple weeks of age ! My quad is very nasty to "new additions" to their pen.But overall the hens are very quiet & friendly & only experienced one roo being nasty to me. Others were very nice dispositioned.So if you are looking for a neat breed of ornamental bantams for pets-these are great little bantams.

Hi Pyncheon Guy, I am so glad to see a Pycheon thread here and find anyone who knows about this breed.
woot.gif
I couldn't find hardly anything on the internet aside from here. I adopted a pair of Pyncheons chicks that needed a home (long story). I think they are two years old now. Looking through this thread I can see they are pet quality as they do not have willow legs. I'm going to check the color of their legs more closely tomorrow and hopefully take some decent pics to post. My girl is too pale I think, mostly a mottled peach/buff type color, but I love her -she is so adorable. I love the body shape and heads of this breed. I think my roo is more promising but I have to examine him for ear lobe color, etc. I'd like to breed them, but I guess it will be just for pet quality offspring as I am not sure I can breed up with this pair. More tomorrow!
smile.png

Strombergs hatchery also has pyncheons ;)

But it would sure be nice to see more breeders advertising their stock...

Hello Pyncheon people!
I have a few (probably two pairs) Pyncheon chicks (5 wks old) to sell. They have the wrong leg color, but they are Pyncheons and are pretty cute little buggers. I'm located in Green Bay, WI.

Back
Top Bottom