Quail 4-h showing

ky_bird

Chirping
Feb 18, 2022
Hello guys,
I’m about to get a dozen quail hatching eggs ( 6 of celadon and 6 coturnix ) I’m wanting to show them in 4-h, maybe some chickens too. I don’t really know anything about 4-h showing and was looking for advice, I’m not planning on selling any or using them for meat.

It would also be great if you guys could give some advice for general care for quail, I want to give them the best life possible!!

Hi, and welcome to byc!!!!! I don't know about showing quail but I just wanted to say that it's great to see people trying hard to give their birds the best life possible. Maybe @Kiki can answer some of your questions about the care of them though. She has coturnix quail.

Last edited:
Hi! 4H stuff is city/state specific.
What happens in my local 4-H program doesn't mean it have bins everywhere.
What state are you in?
You will need to check your local 4-H programs rules or whatever to see if Quail are even showable.
I have no clue how anyone would go about showing a quail at a 4-H show.

If you want to reveal which state you're in I can do a little bit of digging for you.

Hi! 4H stuff is city/state specific.
What happens in my local 4-H program doesn't mean it have bins everywhere.
What state are you in?
You will need to check your local 4-H programs rules or whatever to see if Quail are even showable.
I have no clue how anyone would go about showing a quail at a 4-H show.

If you want to reveal which state you're in I can do a little bit of digging for you.
I live oregon, one of my friends said that quails were showable here but they could be wrong

I know this thread is a little old. I showed my Silver Coturnix last summer at our fair and he took Champion Ornimental Poultry. He is extremely friendly, and so I treated him just like
20210811_085444.jpg
a chicken. He got a bath, his claws and beak were trimmed, and he beat all of the other quail, ducks, turkeys, and pigeons. And won ten dollars.

Back
Top Bottom