Quail eggs lockdown started at day 14? I need immediate help...questions to follow please.

RenegadeSkate3

Chirping
Jul 3, 2018
I started my quail lockdown at day 14, I heard you usually start at day 15? Will starting it sooner mess it up? Also... I also heard that people lower humidity or raise in lockdown? Wich one will help me get best hatch result!?

I started my quail lockdown at day 14, I heard you usually start at day 15? Will starting it sooner mess it up? Also... I also heard that people lower humidity or raise in lockdown? Wich one will help me get best hatch result!?
You have been posting in the INTRODUCTION FORUM. Twice now.
You really don't have a good of a chance to having your questions answered here. Repost your request in the forums I provided links just below in the blue text.
Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures
OR:
Quail

I raise humidity to 70 plus for hatch.
A day early for lockdown went hurt a bit.

Quail eggs a pretty forgiving

Won't mess up anything, they'll hatch just fine if you keep humidity raised. It should be 70ish %, mine hovers between 70 and 80%. You are talking about quails, I assume this is your first hatch? One member here on the forum had an experiment to try to dry hatch the quail eggs under a table lamp, and it was successful. They are that easy! Do not overthink it and let them do their thing. They'll hatch in 4-5 days. Good luck!

More specific please, What type of quail eggs? 14 days suggest you are incubating Cots/japs or some similar species. Bobwhite's incubation period is longer 21-23 days.

70-75% (high) humidity during hatch is fine. If it goes up to 80+% all the better as the wet chicks are usually the reason for the higher rise (80%) in humidity as they air dry.

What you probably read/heard about lower humidities was a incubation process known as dry incubation....not recommended for the inexperienced first time hatcher. Pay no attention to those topics and stick with the basics.

21168DA1-1FAF-42DE-9B52-350DA6CFC056.jpeg
Please do watch my threads! I moved my thread to day 15 my quail life or something like that! The eggs hatched already! They were cotournix quail! I might abandon dis post !

Back
Top Bottom