Quail medication

Apr 9, 2023
Texas
My Coop
My Coop
As many of you may know already, I am hatching gambels quail. I was wondering if there was some type of medication I should have on hand before they hatch? I have never needed to use medication for any of my chicks, courtnix, and ducks but I know that gambels can be tricky to raise and more susceptible to some illnesses. I wanted to know if there was some type of medication I should have for them just in case something does go wrong? Thank you in advance.

You do not need any medications. Clean water and a balance and complete feed ration of 24% is all that is needed.

If I have weak chicks I will give Nutri-Drench to those chicks, based on the individual bird, with a syringe to the side of the beak, full or medium strength, I always follow this with a drop or 2 of fresh water, to 'wash it down'. I also add it to their waterer for the 1st week or two...along with a waterer that has plain water in it.

Last edited:
You do not need any medications. Clean water and a balance and complete feed ration of 24% is all that is needed.

If I have weak chicks I will give Nutri-Drench to those chicks, based on the individual bird, with a syringe to the side of the beak, full or medium strength, I always follow this with a drop or 2 of fresh water, to 'wash it down'. I also add it to their waterer for the 1st week or two...along with a waterer that has plain water in it.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom