Quail setup-- ideas and opinions needed

Iluvmypeeps

Songster
9 Years
Apr 15, 2010
Arizona
Hey everyone, I need your ideas and opinions.

I'm basically remodeling my quail pen, one step at a time. I have a four-foot tall pen for them, and it it composed of two different two-foot tall layers. What I'm going to do is, I'll remove the board that is separating the layers, and I'll move them to the bottom so that they have two more feet of flying space than they have now. They're little babies still, but they're growing like weeds. So the two foot tall layer just won't work.

This may seem easy, but there is a problem that I don't know how to fix just yet. At the lower level, there's a hole in the wire and I don't know if it's somehow possible to fix it. I'll get pictures of the wire around it to give you guys an idea of what it is and what the hole looks like.

Also, I want to give these babies the happiest live they could possibly ask for. After I get rid of the separation, I'm going to put perches all over the pen so that they have something to sit and roost on. I'm even considering putting a fake tree in there to hide in. All of that is taken care of and planned out, but I want to give them the opportunity to dust bathe. How can I do this?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom