Quail

Chickfever

Songster
12 Years
Jul 22, 2007
Southwest VA
This may be a silly question, but someone is offering me some day old quail (when they hatch next week). What do you do with quail? Do people buy them? Their eggs? Why? Forgive me for my ignorance, I really would like to know.

I know people hunt them but probably not around here. And I know other countries find them great to eat, but other than that......??

They are great! That is the kind I want. They are good for eggs - like sushi? This is the kind they use on top of some of the rolls. Also a good meat bird, have you seen the movie No Reservations? It starts with Zeta Jones voice over talking about cooking quail, chefs love it. Feel free to send some my way. They also reproduce quickly & start laying really fast. In 2 months you will have eggs, I am so jealous.....

I have Jumbo Brown Cortunix. These birds are great for eggs...meat...and selling birds and chicks. I find around here a lot of interest in adult birds for dog training.
And eggs for eating and hatching.
If anyone wants eggs you can PM me and I will let you know when my birds start laying.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom