Question: would 1/4 cup bacon grease be a bad idea to add to a cooked flock block or stick to coconut oil/molasses?

My Very First 6 Chickens

*~* Livin', Lovin', Learnin' *~*
May 5, 2021
Connecticut
1/4cup bacon grease a bad idea to add to a cooked flock block in your opinion? I usually use coconut oil. I would add the 1/4cup bacon grease to about 5 cups of dry ingredients. Thanks, just curious cause i was about to throw it away. 🐓❤️

1/4cup bacon grease a bad idea to add to a cooked flock block in your opinion? I usually use coconut oil. I would add the 1/4cup bacon grease to about 5 cups of dry ingredients. Thanks, just curious cause i was about to throw it away. 🐓❤️
Never throw out bacon grease. It will stay good for years if kept right. I’ve got at least a half a gallon in quart ziplock bags in the freezer & almost a quart in the fridge. It’s the only way I cook eggs, my wife heats it in the skillet before pouring in her cornbread batter & like @nuthatched said it’s great in biscuits. Also add just a dash to green beans, butter beans or anything of the sort & it definitely adds amazing flavor!
:ya

I would go ahead. I occasionally give it to my flock and they love it.

As long as they have a choice, so can individually choose whether or not to consume it, you don't need to worry about salt levels etc. in any food you want to offer them. They will stop eating it when they've had enough - unless they're starving for something they intuitively know or can taste is in it, or if there's nothing else for them to eat.

I think your wasting bacon grease. Throw that in a pan, add a burger patty and pour bacon strips over top of burger. Enjoy... 😉
I didnt waste it yet. Thats why i asked. Also, why add extra bacon grease to a burger that has bacon on it and with no need to grease the pan......and if you say for flavor......i will say......Fair Enough! 😂👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom