Question: would 1/4 cup bacon grease be a bad idea to add to a cooked flock block or stick to coconut oil/molasses?

Bacon grease is a great preservative, LOL. My mother used to keep a Maxwell coffee can full of it by the stove for frying eggs, making gravy… the one day we got to the bottom of the can, only to find a perfectly preserved mouse who had been snacking on it and apparently made a fateful slip while perched on the edge. In horror, I about vomited… my father, on the other hand, used it as vindication for his smoked meat preservation experiments :-()

We toss oats in the hot pan to soak up the grease then feed it to the birds.

There is not too much salt. That statement is constantly misused on social media and completely false.

so I took a tablespoon of the bacon grease and melted it. I added about half a cup of chicken feed and stirred it around and offered to the girls. They devoured it as I imagined. something a little different I suppose. not really sure of the exact nutritional value if any for them, so if anyone knows, I'd love to learn. :frow

I didnt waste it yet. Thats why i asked. Also, why add extra bacon grease to a burger that has bacon on it and with no need to grease the pan......and if you say for flavor......i will say......Fair Enough! 😂👍🏻
i like the phrase “ POUR bacon strips “. that’s gotta be a big bowl of bacon in order to “pour” them out lol 😂

Back
Top Bottom