Questions on DE.. Help Please!

No matter what, be very careful not to breathe it. It can be very harmful to lung and bronchial tissue. Indoors, use a mask. If in litter, wear a bandanna or mask to replace that litter.
wink.png

Hi everyone I came in really late to this conversation, but I tried an experiment, my dogs came home from the vet, of all places, with fleas. Since my labrador is old and was sick I did not want to put a chemical on her and I had been doing some studying on d.e. So I tried an experiment, I dusted both of my dogs down and their living area down with d.e. and to my pleasant suprize all of the fleas were GONE the next day! They both were flea free! I have also put it in the chicken feed, bedding and their house and they are healthy and bug free. I am a true believer in d.e. NO MORE CHEMICALS for my pets!
big_smile.png

i too am a believer, and im so glad it worked out for you.. Always good to get it strait from the 'user' of it so ya know it's not just hype. I use it in my coop and no smells AT ALL!! i even have non chicken people go and sniff around to make sure im not just used to it..lol

I sprinkle some in my coop and run, enough to make it look like a dusting of snow. It does help with the smell. But then I only have 5 chickens. It is very important for me to have no smell as I have a daycare and occasionally have licensing people over. My coop has to be very clean and clean smelling. I only clean my coop once a week and sprinkle the DE at that time. Works for me.

Mary

I am glad I found this site I just got into chickens and I called around today and found that one of our local feed stores carry DE , here in Mississippi, for you resident's here it's at Moore's feed mill and it's $15.99 for 40lb bag .............. as soon as I finish this I am headed that direction

First you might want to read comments by others who realize that DE has very limited use and effectiveness. It is great at filtering and drying; not so great at killling insects or worms.

Back
Top Bottom