Quick-developing pullet or slow cockerel? I can't tell!

Alexandra33

Chook Snuggler
9 Years
Apr 3, 2015
Northwest Ohio - The Buckeye State!
So, one of my Mille Fleurs has a larger, redder comb than the girl, but yet it's smaller and paler compared to the definite boy. I'm very confused!
hu.gif
Does anybody have an opinion? They're over 5 weeks old now.

Barracuda, the cutie in question

Now for Piranha, the boy, to compare.
The two of them together;

~Alex

Last edited:
So, one of my Mille Fleurs has a larger, redder comb than the girl, but yet it's smaller and paler compared to the definite boy. I'm very confused! :confused: Does anybody have an opinion? They're over 5 weeks old now. Barracuda, the cutie in question Now for Piranha, the boy, to compare. The two of them together; ~Alex
To me it looks like a male but I have 1 right now that is similar to what your experiencing and it's 5 weeks old too but different breed, does it act like a female? Mine acts like a female rather than a Roo

To me it looks like a male but I have 1 right now that is similar to what your experiencing and it's 5 weeks old too but different breed, does it act like a female? Mine acts like a female rather than a Roo
Might I venture to say that it really doesn't act like either, most of the time?
tongue.png
Although it does like to spar with Piranha, it's more low-key and easily dominated.

It's so hard to tell, though, because my Porcelain cockerel acts like a female.
roll.png
I honestly think this whole guessing game is going to drive me bonkers!

Thanks for your input!

~Alex

Might I venture to say that it really doesn't act like either, most of the time? :p  Although it does like to spar with Piranha, it's more low-key and easily dominated. 

It's so hard to tell, though, because my Porcelain cockerel acts like a female. :rolleyes:  I honestly think this whole guessing game is going to drive me bonkers! 

Thanks for your input!

~Alex

I know how you feel! Mine has been driving my crazy being the biggest one of my flock and the comb made me think male but acts like a female most of the time (but my other chickens who I'm pretty sure are pullets act bossy and then he/she gets bossy too) fingers crossed both of ours are female! I'll show you mine on next post

I know how you feel! Mine has been driving my crazy being the biggest one of my flock and the comb made me think male but acts like a female most of the time (but my other chickens who I'm pretty sure are pullets act bossy and then he/she gets bossy too) fingers crossed both of ours are female! I'll show you mine on next post
Okay! I guess if we wait it out, we'll know for sure at some point. But waiting is the hard part!
he.gif
lau.gif

~Alex

Okay! I guess if we wait it out, we'll know for sure at some point. But waiting is the hard part! :he :lau

~Alex

Oh trust me I HATE waiting to find out but I try to keep myself busy and keep telling myself "they change almost every day I gotta figure it out at some point! :lau

Oooh, that is a hard one! :eek:  I can see why you're stumped. 

Ha ha! I feel you there! I think that's true for most of us. :rolleyes:

~Alex

It figures I get the weird ones! /).- (You'd get it if you knew me lol)
Yeah the waiting game is the worst game there is besides the "who can be quiet longer" game :lau

It figures I get the weird ones! /).- (You'd get it if you knew me lol)
Yeah the waiting game is the worst game there is besides the "who can be quiet longer" game
lau.gif
Yeah, I always end up with oddballs, too!
wink.png
But that could be because weirdness is drawn to me like a magnet, or in other words, I'm strange.
lau.gif

I'm good with being quiet, but waiting?
rant.gif
gig.gif
That's another story!

~Alex

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom