R.I.P 15 Year old Hovabator Finally kicked the bucket...

http://www.berryhill.ca/product_p/1588r.htm $189
Berry Hill Limited
75 Burwell Rd.
St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada N5P 3B5
Ph: (519) 631-0480 FAX: (519) 631-8935
Toll Free: 1-800-668-3072
www.BerryhillLimited.com

Pretty pricey up there though. I just ordered the 1588 from GQF with auto turner, quail rails, and 30 eggs for 200. The unit by itself was 135.
yeai was looking there earlier. i havent Gone straight to GQF yet to see what it would cost but i know the one from berry hill costs the same as it would from incubatorwarehouse.

http://www.berryhill.ca/product_p/1588r.htm $189
Berry Hill Limited
75 Burwell Rd.
St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada N5P 3B5
Ph: (519) 631-0480 FAX: (519) 631-8935
Toll Free: 1-800-668-3072
www.BerryhillLimited.com

Pretty pricey up there though. I just ordered the 1588 from GQF with auto turner, quail rails, and 30 eggs for 200. The unit by itself was 135.
yeai was looking there earlier. i havent Gone straight to GQF yet to see what it would cost but i know the one from berry hill costs the same as it would from incubatorwarehouse.

I am making a still incubator out of two by fours .

ive taken and made 3 equal size boxes shapes, out of the two by fours. then ive cut and dowled and glued the 3 box shapes on top of one another; to give it enough hight .

it will have a glued and nailed ply wood bottom and a clear lexan top (due to i have that stuff laying around also) with wich i will fit a hovabator wafer thermostat... which i did have to order .. cost 27.00 with shipping, and i will use either a lite bulb or a hovabator stiil incubator heater . hovabator heater they cost 13 dollars plus shipping .. so will most likly go with lite bulb .

the 12 x 13 size inside ---is enough room for a average size dinner plate plus sponges and thermostat hygrometer--no im not going to eat them in the bator
smile.png
just use the dinner plate to rest the wire screen on and give a place to add water ..
a average size dinner plates easly holds one measuring cup of water.. so propably wont need any sponges .. as i will be using it mostly for lock down to put differet ages of eggs in to hatch out..

i will use most of the enginering of the still hovabator when i drill holes near bottom and top .. to circulate air and give breathable air ..
also i plan to use a heat matt on outside and bottom of bator as it makes the temperature in bator more equal during day time and night time temp ranges ..

with this design if i need to it will be very easy to add height to it if needed,, by just amking another square out of two by fours and drilling some dowel holes .. dont even need to glue this one down pull off and dowels and
it will become shorter for different size eggs ..

a person could also using 2x4 or ply wood make the whole bator size
expandable not just the top .. by just setting 2 by 4 or ply wood inside each other so when you want just slide it out and add different top which accepts the top with electronics and bottom that you pre made..

Last edited:
the best buy i found so far on a stiil hova bator was 55.00 on ebay that included shipping they were sellin fast and the fellow had around ten new ones left . for that price one could add a fan from ebay and have a forced air hovabator for around 90 dollars
including shipping.. there were hovabator fan add on for around 29.00 plus 5.00 shiping on ebay also.

best price ( i ) found recently,, after several hours of searching both amazon and many other sites including factory

.http://www.ebay.com/itm/140910164446?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

there is what seems like a lot of good deals untill you add shipping------ its the shipping rates that one has to watch as closly as pricing ..

Last edited:
The OP wants forced air. Granted you can install a computer fan in a still air model and get reasonable results. There are several models of hovabator. Fan or still (fan is the obvious choice) The primary differences being 12 volt or not (advantage of 12 volt is that it is TUV listed (safety certified) and has an option to use a battery hookup or car lighter plug adapter). Digital or wafer thermometer (digital is supposed to be more accurate and has a LCD display on the top). Turner or no turner. Installed hydrometer or not.

Here is a summary of the various Hovabator incubators that I put together to make my own decision. Just sharing.

1588 $134.95
12V
LCD with hydrometer and temp digital display
Forced air
picture window

1586 $106.60
12V
Wafer
Force air
picture window

2365 $91.50
12V
Wafer
Forced air
2 small windows (only difference from 1586)

Non 12V models

1583 (same as 1586 without 12v option) $102.90
Wafer
Forced air
picture window

23632N (same as 2365 without 12v option) $87.80
Wafer
Forced air
2 small windows (only difference from the 1583)

1602N $55.98
Wafer
Still air
2 small windows

The OP wants forced air. Granted you can install a computer fan in a still air model and get reasonable results. There are several models of hovabator. Fan or still (fan is the obvious choice) The primary differences being 12 volt or not (advantage of 12 volt is that it is TUV listed (safety certified) and has an option to use a battery hookup or car lighter plug adapter). Digital or wafer thermometer (digital is supposed to be more accurate and has a LCD display on the top). Turner or no turner. Installed hydrometer or not.

Here is a summary of the various Hovabator incubators that I put together to make my own decision. Just sharing.

1588 $134.95
12V
LCD with hydrometer and temp digital display
Forced air
picture window

1586 $106.60
12V
Wafer
Force air
picture window

2365 $91.50
12V
Wafer
Forced air
2 small windows (only difference from 1586)

Non 12V models

1583 (same as 1586 without 12v option) $102.90
Wafer
Forced air
picture window

23632N (same as 2365 without 12v option) $87.80
Wafer
Forced air
2 small windows (only difference from the 1583)

1602N $55.98
Wafer
Still air
2 small windows
are shipping charges included ? if not how much is shipping charges from these companys to ship those exact products..
the reason i ask .. Is those prices may not be a great deal ,, if they chrage to much for shipping,,

this is what i found on http://www.berryhill.ca/category_s/1916.htm ------- scroll down and click on the incubator to make sure what is included and also if shipping is included.

Also how does one adjust a digital thermostat If it reads 5 or 10 degrees Hotter than a acurrate Thermometer at egg level ?

HERE is a new hovabator fan for 30.00 plus 5.00 shipping to add to the 55 dollar new hova bator incubator i listed that has free shippin

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Circula...963?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a7e897c3

making the purchase 90 dollars shipping included now he may also want to add a egg turner if he does not have one

I do like the new hovabator 12 volt feature though .. sure beats placing hand warmers in incubator if one has power failure
smile.png

i think i will dd some 12 volt features also to my home made one just in case.. 1157 car bulbs burn hot and would be simple to add

Last edited:
Well, shipping is free to US addresses for the 1588 combo deal (it comes with the universal and quail turner and 30 quail eggs). The others you would have to go to the site, put in your zip, and have it calculate the shipping. I have no way of knowing what shipping would cost for anyone else.

I am not suggesting that anyone purchase any of these or from this particular company. I was just laying out the options and the approximate cost for each unit in case anyone was trying to filter through all of the various options that are available.

OP, sorry didn't intend to hijack your thread or anything. It stinks that your bator quit and you have to find a new one.

Back
Top Bottom