R.I.P most of my coop R.I.P Cheepers 11/28/10

hugs.gif
Oh crap, Kate- I have not been on in a while, and missed this totally. This brought tears. Especially Woo.. and Turk.. and Twinkie.. Hell all of them, as we all know how much they mean to you. And we always love hearing about them. You and your chickens have been through so much. *sigh*
hugs.gif

Cheeps was doing so well yesterday, I took him outside while I was raking leaves and he visited with his buddies a little. He was able to drink on his own last night and I thought that was an indication he was doing better. Unfortunately sometime during the night Cheepers joined his duck family in Heaven, he passed away sometime after midnight. I woke up this morning and he was laying peacefully in the kennel.

sad.png

sorry. I have noticed that things tend to rally before they die. I think it is a way to help us feel better about them passing. Like, a 'Thank You for your efforts.'

Wow!! Incredibly a sad time in your life.I know how you feel I lost my father back in May & it definitely hurts. I'd get some more chickens & roll on their alot of fun & they do provide eggs. Their biggest downfall is everybody likes chicken. So sorry but don't look back & roll on cause life is to short.Just learn from your mistakes.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I just said aloud and it echoed through the house as I read this. I am sooooooooo sorry for Cheepers, for you.
hit.gif

JJ.

Edited to add that I just read through this whole thread that somehow I hadn't seen before and I am heartbroken for you and for all your birds
hit.gif

Last edited:
I wish your neighbor had called to tell you coyotes were headed your way. But, it's something you don't think about at the time, and I imagine they got to you awfully fast. How awful. Heartaches do heal in time. I hope the newly hatched fuzzy butts will be a big comfort to you. My deepest sympathy to you and yours.

Back
Top Bottom