Rabbit bottle

BeautifulBlue

Songster
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
UK
So I use these with my 2 adult silkies and jap quail. Is it safe to use one for a newly hatched baby (just the one, due on the 7th). I'm worried that too much water will drip out and go up its nostrils! Anybody have any ideas? I brought a mini bottle for mice, only 75ml.
If it's not suitable from hatch...when would it be safe to start using one?

Picture - http://www.bunnybasics.net/images/230306 007.jpg

I hate to highjack your thread but how do you teach them to use it? I've been contemplating getting a couple for my girls.

Because it's shiny and something new, I found that they just pecked it out of curiosity. Failing that, my birds peck at whatever I tap, so I'd just tap it to get their attention.

Mine are addicted!! I gave them a big one that I had leftover from a rabbit that is no longer with us, and it was a BIG HIT.
It's like recreational drinking!! And if one goes over and pecks it, they all crowd around, so I feel like they're getting good and hydrated that way even though it just puts out a drop at a time.

Also I had them dump a gallon chicken waterer in their bedding, so I bought them a small hampster bottle to put in their house. It's quite small, like 8oz or something, so even if they manage to spill the entire thing their house won't be soaked.

Back
Top Bottom