rabbit waterers for chicks??

I wish I could tell you, but I have no personal experience; however, I have read a post where someone stated, "My chicks learned to drink from their rabbit waterer very easily." That's really all I know. Good luck learning about potential problems.

You can purchase water nipples specifically for chickens.
The ones for rabbitts let out quite a bit if water..............don't know hiw that woukd work for babies.
I do know the ones for rabbits work with a roller.the nes for chickens release water from being pecked.
Hope someone else responds that has more experience than I do.
A guy in here sells chicken nipples..Neil .dang, I cannot remember his last name but if you go through the previous threads under nipples,his name is mentioned.
good Luck

I use rabbit bottles all the time. I've put bottles and regular water containers in with newly hatched chicks and they'll drink from the bottle before the chick water. The only thing to watch for is not to use too big of bottle with too small of chicks or they may not be able to push the ball. Hamster sized ones work for newly hatched bantams. I have a vid of older chicks choosing a rabbit bottle over a standard waterer. I put the bottle in, went to get the camera, and by the time I got back less than a minute later they had it down. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v244/aqh88/chickens/pen1/?action=view&current=SANY1227.flv

YES YES YES I LOVE these! My chickens all learned to use them within 15 minutes! I wouldn't expect a brand new chick to use one right away. Wait a week until they are strong and drinking well. They are awesome because there are no messy shavings filled waters to clean!

These were taken on the 5th of May this year, my first hatch. I switched to the bottle after the waterer leaked all over the brooder box and soaked everything, they took to it straight away.
51400_103_2614.jpg
51400_103_2609.jpg
51400_103_2605.jpg

Back
Top Bottom