Rainbow colored egg yolks!

ok they ate the coloring!! we will see if I get a blue or pink egg yolk as soon as they lay an egg
fl.gif
! I will give them coloring every day til I do get an egg!

ok so my girls laid eggs today! no color transferred to yolk!!we will see if tomorrows eggs are colored as I gave them more food coloring today! BUT I will no longer be feeding it to them, for the poop is blue and red, so my youngins are looking a little purple due to walking through pretty poo and laying in it
th.gif
, also one of my kids stepped in it and left stains on my carpet
barnie.gif
, does anyone know how to get food colored chicken poop out of carpets
he.gif
? This was a hopeful fun experiment for me, but I didn't realize the MESS I would have
ep.gif
, I'm glad I tried, and I'll be happy to NEVER do it again!

ok so my girls laid eggs today! no color transferred to yolk!!we will see if tomorrows eggs are colored as I gave them more food coloring today! BUT I will no longer be feeding it to them, for the poop is blue and red, so my youngins are looking a little purple due to walking through pretty poo and laying in it:th , also one of my kids stepped in it and left stains on my carpet:barnie , does anyone know how to get food colored chicken poop out of carpets :he ? This was a hopeful fun experiment for me, but I didn't realize the MESS I would have:eek: , I'm glad I tried, and I'll be happy to NEVER do it again!

Roflmao, that's hilarious. sorry about ur carpet but Hahahahahaha. My kids are 4 and 2 and that's exactly what they would do. Too funny!

ok so my girls laid eggs today! no color transferred to yolk!!we will see if tomorrows eggs are colored as I gave them more food coloring today! BUT I will no longer be feeding it to them, for the poop is blue and red, so my youngins are looking a little purple due to walking through pretty poo and laying in it
th.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif
? This was a hopeful fun experiment for me, but I didn't realize the MESS I would have
ep.gif

You can try using a hot iron to draw the stain out. Mix some warm/hot water and a little bit of Dawn dishsoap. Dip an old rag or towel in the dishsoap water then wring it out. Then place the rag over the stain. Place a hot iron over the rag for about 20 seconds (it'll steam). The stain should soak into the rag. Repeat again after rinsing out the rag if there's still some stain left. Don't leave the iron on for more than 20 seconds cause it can hurt the color of the carpet. But if it's already messed up from the colorful poop, you might consider it no big deal if the carpet is altered.

Last edited:
I will try that now to get it out of the carpet, thank you!! And yes it is too funny, everyone I tell my experience to thinks so also!!

th.gif
barnie.gif
he.gif
ep.gif

Aww! Give it a few more days end see if one of their eggs is eventually colored. Depending on when you fed it to them it might be several days. Sorry about the colored poop stains!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom