Raising Chickens and Special Needs Kids

The wound is where a scar was from having uriters reimplanted. He has 2 on the right side. This can happen to anyone.. be born with 2 instead of 1. His were at the wrong angle, allowing urine to back up into the kidney. Had the surgery done.
Worked great. Years later, once he started using a wheelchair, it became infected mainly because he is paralysed in that area. Skin that is paralysed does not have normal circulation. So. It can't heal right. Plus, now that he is in a chair, it is covered...by tummy! ;)

Poor Richard was in so much pain today. This time, not from the two things he's been having problems with, or the procedure he just had. He said, mom, my whole abdomen hurts..bad! Called an Ambulance. We just can't lift him. They were great. We went later. Here are a couple of conversations I posted on our family group..copied so I don't have to write it all again..

First time we were told this...from a CT scan..they thought...

I have an update...while we were in the hospital they came in and said the first CT showed that he had free fluid in his lower abdomen. Also for some reason he has an air bubble up above his liver. They cannot figure out how in the world that an air bubble got in there. He's had blood tests showing that he has high White blood cell count meaning infection of course. They know that one is another UTI. And, probably his wound. Just got a phone call and second CT showed it looked more like an abscess instead of fluid. He is now in surgery having that abscess removed and also going to go ahead and try and remove the Stone surrounding the inside of his bladder. The nurse said that Richard was pretty excited about this Stone being removed. They still have no idea yet why there is an air Bubble Up by his liver. They are still working on figuring that one out. He also has a blocked bowel. They can't tell if it is kinked or not. His lower intestine looks pretty inflamed. At first they were thinking because of the fluid that they were not sure was. Now I'm assuming they are thinking it's because of the abscess.

Surgery is done. They they got the stone and abscess . They still want him to go see the doctor in Salt Lake City. Still needs the bladder augmentation. They cleaned out the abscess. Said that it has probably been there for a while but having the procedure just pushed it over the top and made it painful for him. Said that the air bubble is what they call a distraction. That it is just the size of the tip of a finger. Nothing to worry about.

Thinking that abscess was pretty infected. They will keep him for 2 or 3 days.

Wow Cynthia - when it rains it pours!! I am so very sorry he was in so much pain, but glad that they got a few things taken care of while they had him under for the Abscess. My thoughts go out to him, and I hope he has as easy a recovery as possible!!
hugs.gif

Howdy, Kiki! They are awesome, as usual, thanks. Kendra was so happy to see us back from South Dakota she was almost talking!! Well, it was mostly babble, but the smile was unmistakable! She was saying, "Good evening, Grandfather. Good evening, Grandmother. It is so wonderful to see you again. It is so true that absence makes the heart grow fonder." Um, it didn't quite come out that way, but I'm telling you it was close! ;)

Your family doing well?

O I believe you! I bet you understand exactly what she is saying!

We are all doing good, thanks.
Waiting for school to end for the year so we can do a whole lot of nothing!

We have a lot of animals which makes it hard to travel for long periods of time so it has become "our thing" to drive down to the beach (about a 45 mins drive---too far to drive back n forth daily but close enough) and rent a room at a nice hotel every year...the kids love it. We are all looking forward to our little trip soon.

Update on Richard. Home from the hospital a day shy of it being a week. Man, the dr. was so impressed with the size of that stone, that he took photos of it, sent it to Richard's phone to have..lol. Think the size of an Avocado seed, only no pointy end, and a bit bigger! They also had a general surgeon take care of a wound he has had forever. He has so many follow up appts. So glad he has a nurse..a nice young man, come and take of things. :) Will do until this wound heals. Still needs to have the Bladder Augmentation. Will see when the dr. in Salt Lake wants to do it. He will probably need to heal first. Maybe not. The 30t is when his appt. is.

Back
Top Bottom