Raising Meat Rabbits

Pics
The black one above dose look like a dwarf breed. Glad to hear you are going to take care of the pressure treated situation. It looks like you used hardware cloth on the bottom of the cage. If that is the case it will not hold up as well as cage wire which is a heavier grade wire and has 1/4 X 1/2 in holes in it. If your rabbits are caged inside I would suggest a catch pan for there droppings that you can slide out and empty every couple of days.

my white meat hybrid buck he is a nz and cali cross..he is a big boy

my long cage and watering system. It is getting a second layer of cage. 2 intead of three on top one will be 2 wide for babies. I have 1 buck, 2 doe in center,2 does in end...those nipples work great come with the. Spings an t's tubing was only 5 from farm store so cheaper than multiple water bottles.

I posted two of the same phone doesn't want too upload cage picture

Thanks , the ears are totally diff, mine has shorter ones.
Those water tubing look very handy, would love to see your cages and try to copy your design, esp with these waterers
wink.png

. This week I made a 5 gallon feeder for my chickens so I don't have to keep refilling the feed and will make a 5gallon waterer for when I'm away for a couple of days. I saw all this here in BYC that's why I love this site.

I plan to work on my garden this week and I'm thinking of planting alfalfa for the rabbits n chickens.

my white meat hybrid buck he is a nz and cali cross..he is a big boy
Not much weight difference between the two breeds. The California breed tends to have a smaller bone structure so pound per pound less bone more meat. Both are excellent breeds for meat rabbits.

It is much easier to use the water nipples than the water bottles as well. You may find the water nipples are cheaper on e-bay than at the hardware store. You can modify a 5 gallon bucket with a toilet float to auto fill and your water system is complete. just make sure the nipples are still working often. I have found that black buckets and black tubing are best as the clear allows light through and algae builds up in the clear tubing.

Here are my new rabbits! Anyone know what the grey and white one is? I bought her at a feed store.

I also just got 2 big cages for $55 =) oh and the $55 is for both, and feeders, a waterer, and two nest boxes! Score!

Back
Top Bottom