Rantings to stop eating Free Range eggs~ please respond !

What I learned long ago about AR:
It is not about animals. It is about control.

I have found this to be true for other extremist groups and people as well.

You may have a good point there. Amongst all pressure groups are probably those who feel the need to empower themselves. Making oneself deliberately different from what one sees as the majority is an easy but often futile way to feel more powerful and, indeed, superior.

I could ask her but her supercilious posts are a little irritating. From what she has already written at length, she would have let one kitten be ripped apart by the dog and the other starve to death.

I think that I understand her now. She doesn't love animals. She has no emotional attachment to them. Her extreme philosophy is based on the belief that humans have the ability to separate their lives from those of animals and therefore they should. There's no heart, only false, incomplete logic.

Bingo.

Actually, many are part of a majority...just on the extreme end. Often it is not about being different, but being 'right'. It is amazing how many textbook personality disorders one can spot amid the higher rankings of some groups. Kind of like a game, but a very sucky one. x)

But yes, absolutely, extremism is generally ripe with issues.

These are the kittens. What caring person would leave them to be killed by a dog or to starve? Any belief that says it would be the right thing to do is one that puts self and dogma before human decency.

So kittenly adorable. I love the eyes on the second one too. Reminds me of our storm-drain-kitty...slightly crossed!

How would she deal with this?

My wife found a young kitten being threatened by a dog. She had injuries including a broken leg.

A friend had an even younger starving kitten arrive at his house. His cats wouldn't accept her.

We now have both at home. The injured one has had vet. treatment. They are given whatever food they can eat, sleep in safety and comfort and come to us for attention. Would Catherine do that or would her philosophy of non-intervention cause her to leave them to die or be killed?

Extremism is no good for anyone. We should be moderate, rational and compassionate.
A very good question !

Back
Top Bottom