Rantings to stop eating Free Range eggs~ please respond !

Cassie, commercial layers in battery caging typically offer 18 months of production..a far cry from the average backyard chicken. During this time conditions for egg laying are artificially intensified. You can see some of the effects of this in the feather condition, prolapse rate, weight condition, and bone (calcium goes towards laying eggs) condition in battery hens. While stress hormones are higher in free ranging or les intensively farmed hens, researchers (not being paid by corporations) have pointed out that steadily low stress hormone levels are consistent with chronic stress . I work in the area of pure research, and if our animals were found in conditions such as these, our facilities would be shut down. I can't even imagine them getting to that state as such conditions are completely unacceptable by our standards, and heavily safeguarded against.

While certainly terrible abuses can occur on family farms, they are not part of a standardized system that calls for such conditions.

Last edited:
It goes both ways. Every person who finds out I am a vegetarian tries to convince me why I'm wrong and should eat meat. Look at some of the responses in this thread.

Every person ?

bun.gif

It goes both ways. Every person who finds out I am a vegetarian tries to convince me why I'm wrong and should eat meat. Look at some of the responses in this thread.

Well, you told us all that you are vegetarian and I don't think one of us has tried to convince you that you're wrong. Just sayin'.
love.gif
I haven't told anyone what I am. It doesn't matter. What matters are the ones that, like Moochie says, are pushing their beliefs on others.

Perhaps you exaggerate to make your point.

It seems to me that the main objections raised here are to do with an extremist in Australia who is trying to push her unsustainable lifestyle onto others and make money from into the bargain. Her philosophy will work, to a degree, only while she lives as a minority in a world of people who are realistic about animal care.

Perhaps you exaggerate to make your point.

It seems to me that the main objections raised here are to do with an extremist in Australia who is trying to push her unsustainable lifestyle onto others and make money from into the bargain. Her philosophy will work, to a degree, only while she lives as a minority in a world of people who are realistic about animal care.

I think it's just about her bank account. Shes probably eating a steak right now.

frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom