Rantings to stop eating Free Range eggs~ please respond !

Only if she's sold some books!
roll.png
Shes panhandling on the net now.

bun.gif

I just joined today because we are going to get baby chickens on Monday! Woot! The Derperella thread got me hooked on BYC, LOL!

Anyway, I commented once on her article (it was pretty long) and I won't waste any more of my time on it. I am so tired of people who are right and everyone else is so wrong unless they think and do the same. It feels so closed-minded and judgmental to me. :/

Pretty much.  It drives me crazy.  They ask me why, so I tell them.  Then they proceed to tell me why I'm wrong.  I've gotten to the point where I just don't talk about it any more.
This happened to me also. I didn't eat any meat at all for 15 years and around age 30 I just started eating white meAt for some reason. I eat very little meat and have had no red meat since 1995 I guess. People always wanna know why and if u want to shut them up just say I don't like it. That way,there is no debate lol:(:D

I just joined today because we are going to get baby chickens on Monday! Woot! The Derperella thread got me hooked on BYC, LOL!

Anyway, I commented once on her article (it was pretty long) and I won't waste any more of my time on it. I am so tired of people who are right and everyone else is so wrong unless they think and do the same. It feels so closed-minded and judgmental to me. :/

welcome-byc.gif
From Hemet, Calif.
frow.gif

She is not just trying to bring better treatment to factor laying conditions. She is a VEGAN and believes that it is immoral to consume animals in any form. This is not limited to poultry and eggs, but also to beef, goats, and their milk. The fact is that there will never be a convergence of opinions on this matter, and some are far more radical than others. IMHO we are to be faithful stewards of the planet, to care for our flocks, and to see that their lives are "fulfilling" from start to finish. I will continue to buy meat, and products there of, but I do so from quality sources who not only provide humane living conditions but humane slaughtering practices. I have no issue what so ever in eating the girls when they have begun to show significant signs of decreased egg production. I treat them well, love on them daily, and in the end, I see their passing as their finally blessing granted to my family.

She is not just trying to bring better treatment to factor laying conditions. She is a VEGAN and believes that it is immoral to consume animals in any form. This is not limited to poultry and eggs, but also to beef, goats, and their milk. The fact is that there will never be a convergence of opinions on this matter, and some are far more radical than others. IMHO we are to be faithful stewards of the planet, to care for our flocks, and to see that their lives are "fulfilling" from start to finish. I will continue to buy meat, and products there of, but I do so from quality sources who not only provide humane living conditions but humane slaughtering practices. I have no issue what so ever in eating the girls when they have begun to show significant signs of decreased egg production. I treat them well, love on them daily, and in the end, I see their passing as their finally blessing granted to my family.

How would she deal with this?

My wife found a young kitten being threatened by a dog. She had injuries including a broken leg.

A friend had an even younger starving kitten arrive at his house. His cats wouldn't accept her.

We now have both at home. The injured one has had vet. treatment. They are given whatever food they can eat, sleep in safety and comfort and come to us for attention. Would Catherine do that or would her philosophy of non-intervention cause her to leave them to die or be killed?

Extremism is no good for anyone. We should be moderate, rational and compassionate.

Wow, just read her page, and a lot of the pages on this thread (yeah, I skipped some pages...). She makes me laugh...I mean seriously...wow. Death is a part of life on this earth. Everything dies eventually, why not die for a good purpose? People have been raising (and yes, killing), their own meat and egg animals since the dawn of time. Personally, I find eggs nutritious and delicious, as well as chicken and other meats. This is why I raise my own chickens and buy meat that is raised well (currently my sister-in-law is raising out a cow for us to butcher). I don't see anything wrong with giving a chicken (or rooster) a happy, healthy life, and then using the bird for food. Everything that lives also dies. Why not glean some good from the death?

Last edited:
Quote: You could always ask her. ;)

But on general groups and opinions...I am no longer surprised at the number of people who are completely against any kind of animal testing, but who are more than happy to use the veterinarian gains from that on their animals. Hypocrisy like that is easily found, and comes hand in hand with extremists positions. Some groups would euthanize the kitten for some of the reasons previously discussed. Even when non-intervention is part of the spoken cause (not sure it is for this individual), it obviously is far from the actual actions.

I could ask her but her supercilious posts are a little irritating. From what she has already written at length, she would have let one kitten be ripped apart by the dog and the other starve to death.

I think that I understand her now. She doesn't love animals. She has no emotional attachment to them. Her extreme philosophy is based on the belief that humans have the ability to separate their lives from those of animals and therefore they should. There's no heart, only false, incomplete logic.

Back
Top Bottom