Rare! Chocolate Orpington Duck

Pics
gorgeous.
love.gif

Another thing about Holly, she honks, literally honks, like a goose. The other lings just peep (same age, 2 are 3 weeks, 2 are 4 weeks) it's the strangest noise ever... And she's so loud!!!
She is growing up so fast! That means she already has her female voice :( and more red feathers. She also has a strange obsession with biting my face.

Last edited:
She's very cute. And that poof on her head tho, lol, too funny. She looks runner-ish to me. Very slender and slightly down turned bill. Love that color! Reminds me of my chocolate girl :)

She's very cute. And that poof on her head tho, lol, too funny. She looks runner-ish to me. Very slender and slightly down turned bill. Love that color! Reminds me of my chocolate girl :)

I've always wanted a chocolate runner. Your lucky! Ive seen yours, she's very pretty!
Holly reminds me bit of a runner too, her bill is turned down, and it's the same color as her body now. Crazy right? She has a really long neck ;) I almost lost her yesterday! She escaped into a barn... She never peeps unless she's with her buddies, so I was scared I wouldn't find her. Luckily Prince ( I found out Zoey was a boy) was there and he went straight to the barn and found her! Love that cat

Had to give him so credit :D

I've always wanted a chocolate runner. Your lucky! Ive seen yours, she's very pretty!
Holly reminds me bit of a runner too, her bill is turned down, and it's the same color as her body now. Crazy right? She has a really long neck ;) I almost lost her yesterday! She escaped into a barn... She never peeps unless she's with her buddies, so I was scared I wouldn't find her. Luckily Prince ( I found out Zoey was a boy) was there and he went straight to the barn and found her! Love that cat

Had to give him so credit :D

Haha that's awesome. That's how we find our Ferret if she gets loose in the house without her bell collar on. We have three cats, and two are scared of her, but the youngest loves to wrestle and play with the ferret. A couple times last winter, the Ferret managed to work the latch from inside of her cage and escape while we were sleeping. But we can find her every time by following the cat, lol. We learned pretty quickly that we have to keep two extra latches on her cage door. They're like the kind that's on the end of a leash. That put an end to her Houdini adventures really quick ;)

Last edited:
Awww so sweet! I've got quite a few cats around here, but Prince is the only one who wouldn't eat duckling!

Awww so sweet! I've got quite a few cats around here, but Prince is the only one who wouldn't eat duckling!

That's good. Wouldn't want your ducklings to be kitty treats :(

The oldest of our cats is 15, and he used to be a bird hunter in his younger days. But he doesn't care anymore for hunting. He shows zero interest in the brooder. My cat is 6 years old and suck a sweetheart. She has crawled in the brooder before and laid down with the ducklings. She is fixed but I think she wants kittens or something lol. The youngest cat, the ferret's friend, was very interested at first, and but if they come near her, she gets scared and runs off. We used to use a small dog cage to brood the ducks, and she would stick her paws through the holes and scare them. We now use a big galvanized metal water trough as a brooder, like the ones they use at TSC for their chicks. The open top made me nervous at first but the cats didn't seem to care at all about them in there.

Back
Top Bottom