Rarest breed of chicken in the US?

Were you wanting to show these birds?

I would suggest doing some research on pure breeds, the Standard of Perfection is always a good read, and see which ones will fit your desires.

there are some good ones being bred in the east. the ones being shown in the west actually coming from the east. jim zook has some great bb reds.

so who has the best whites and blacks ? are they east or west?

Some came from Urch and Brush as well, but some have been bred here from those three sources. The AOSB classes here are many times over 100 birds, so it is a tough class with good birds being shown. Sometimes a Cubalaya wins the class. It is mostly orientals being shown in that class. I don't see any whites or blacks. I just noted that there are some here in the west and I know that some of these birds are going back east too.........I don't care which coast has the best.

Walt

There are good ones in the West being shown.

Walt

;)

Yes the birds had to come from the east since they were imported there. But we didn't bring them here till about 7 years ago and haven't added anymore since. The whites were not very good but dr Everett's birds helped that. They even placed over the BBReds recently. If you look a little harder and do some research you'll see some nice birds. Here is one that I haven't shown yet from 2011.
29AF3587-635E-426E-82AE-BAC55C56034A-8371-00000C1D1209E942.jpg

Haven't kept the most accurate records of numbers over the years but plan to this year to add to thier database.

Back
Top Bottom