Rats, Chinchilla' s, and Mice, Oh My!

I love, love, love rats! And I was wondering if I wasn't the only rat owner on BYC. Show me your pet pics! We can hold a little pet photography contest too! Have fun!

Finally getting back to this. Bragi looks like a sweet guy, I love dumbos. Cute name too
smile.png

This is from a couple of years ago, of the handsome and charming Oz, with my younger son and me. He was a seal point siamese, and a big squishy boy.

Here he is with his friends Shinies and Jinkies, russian blue and blue point siamese boys. I think the younger two guys were about 4 months old in this picture, and Oz must have been almost two years old.

Not the best picture quality, sorry.

I know I have more cute ratty pictures, but I can't find them all at the moment.

I use to have an albino type lab rat, I never tested on her or anything but I do like them

Yeah rats are the best, I have never owned chinchillas or mice but I figured, might as well put them in this thread too... I should've added hamsters too, and gerbils, and rabbits.

We had an 'Eastern Old Field' mouse named Ty. He was the friendliest little guy. We really enjoyed him.
My rat lived over four years, but the little mouse only lived one. It was too sad.
And we had a Siberian hamster named Muffin. But she was rather... blood thirsty, and after having such gentle and sweet rodents up to that point, I kept her fed and clean, but I did not bond with her at all.

Although, honestly, every time some one posts a picture of their genuine pig- I really want one.
big_smile.png
They look like a cross between all things good about a rodent and a dog.

I've had pet rats for nearly 20 years.
ya.gif
They are soo friendly and smart, really cool pets.

Right now, we only have one. I think she's about 30-ish months old, a black capped girl with a cute blaze named Cream. She outlived her two sisters, Georgia and Peaches. Sadly, I've developed an allergy to the rats. Since I'm the primary animal carer around here, that pretty much means she is our last rattie for the foreseeable future :(

Once I have a little time, I would love to post a few pictures of my rats past and present.

I have always loved rats but when I was trying to decide what pet I wanted, I didn't know if I would be able to take the smell since they would have to stay in my room. They don't smell nearly as much as mice, but I was worried that I wouldn't be able to use air fresheners since they are so sensitive! I decided to go with a dog instead.

I think some day I would like to have rats but I'm going to wait until I could keep them somewhere other than my bed room! I would love to see pictures of yours though!

The best pocket pet I ever owned was called a duprasi. They are very difficult to find in the U.S. Now, but that was the best pet I had as a kid. He was so gentle! At the time, the pet store sold him as a cross between a gerbil and a hamster, which I now know is not true!

Back
Top Bottom