Rav's Duckumentary - Call duckling babies (pic heavy)

Pics
Oh, and this therapy requires ongoing sessions...

This therapy is more than worth my out of pocket expense.

Why is one baby all stretched out and penciled and the other one all chunk ROUND? And on yer hand? Do they do this to me on purpose?

Last edited:
Eee, my Io will have a white call duck buddy.

She sure will!! :D

This therapy is more than worth my out of pocket expense.

Why is one baby all stretched out and penciled and the other one all chunk ROUND? And on yer hand? Do they do this to me on purpose?

The stretched tall and short round are the same one... it heard JB was gonna see the pics and wanted to give you the full effect of birb cuteness...

Hmmmm... was I supposed to be charging for this therapy?? :gig

Sorry, Tony!! And you were fine, I didn't get attitude out of that at all... I will go back and edit... this last group was shipped, so we're only sure of some... some are guesses still, lol...
big_smile.png

So glad you enjoy them, Julie Bird... yss, the cuteness is overwhelming... I have to share it since it cannot be contained...
smile.png
Thank you very much. I found your write-ups informative. I had to go look up a blue fawn, because the first thing that came to mind was a F&W runner with blue replacing the white which would have been WILD! From the picture I found it looks more like a Silver Harlequin with a very strong gaussian blur on it (no specific points, but the Faun fading into the blue front to back.)
As far as the attitude, you have NO reason to apologize. I was the only person who commented on my attitude, and that was in the same post
gig.gif
I could have just deleted it.
tongue.png
I just cracked myself up with my initial request since it came from my Upstate New York childhood. New Yorker's aren't rude, they are just very direct
big_smile.png
. I lived my young adult life in Germany and my older adult life in the Northwest U.S. with my sister having moved to the deep south. So I have been exposed long term to quite a few modes of acceptable conduct and with my travels, exponentially more short term. This allows me to look at myself from a different frame of reference than I was in a few moments earlier. I call that entertainment. Some may call it loony.

(Please note, this would have gone out earlier, but we had a power outage...)

These were hatched from shipped eggs... got a stellar hatch for shipped Calls... after consulting with the source, we have good guesses on colors, but some may not be fully clear til they feather out... will update again once they do... :D

Grey Pied on left, and looks like Grey Bibbed on the right...

These 3 are definitely White, so Io is no longer the lone White in our flock... :)

3 Blue Pied, the 1 standing and the 2 on both ends in front... the middle one and sitting one in back look like Blue Fawn...

These look to mostly be Lavender (or Silver) Pied, the one on the far right definitely is... possiblity of Silver Apricot or Pastel (Apricot) also in this group...

Congratulations on the great hatch, beautiful little call babies. What kind of incubator do you use? Any tips for hatching call eggs? Looking to improve my lousy call hatching luck/skills. Thanks. :)

Thank you very much.  I found your write-ups informative.  I had to go look up a blue fawn, because the first thing that came to mind was a F&W runner with blue replacing the white which would have been WILD!  From the picture I found it looks more like a Silver Harlequin with a very strong gaussian blur on it (no specific points, but the Faun fading into the blue front to back.)
As far as the attitude, you have NO reason to apologize.  I was the only person who commented on my attitude, and that was in the same post :gig I could have just deleted it. :p I just cracked myself up with my initial request since it came from my Upstate New York childhood.  New Yorker's aren't rude, they are just very direct :D .  I lived my young adult life in Germany and my older adult life in the Northwest U.S. with my sister having moved to the deep south.  So I have been exposed long term to quite a few modes of acceptable conduct and with my travels, exponentially more short term.   This allows me to look at myself from a different frame of reference than I was in a few moments earlier.  I call that entertainment.  Some may call it loony.

(Please note, this would have gone out earlier, but we had a power outage...)

Oh, you are definitely entertaining!! :gig

My OH was born and raised in Chicago, and halfway through reading your post aloud he exclaimed the only ones more 'direct' than a Chicagoan is a New Yorker or from Germany!! :lau

And for more info about Call colors... Blue Fawn is also called Blue Mallard as it is the wildtype Mallard color (also called Gray) with one blue dilution gene... 2 blue dipution genes makes Pastel (Apricot)... and Silver (Lavender) is 2 blue dilution genes but based off of blue bibbed or pied...

It's also confusing as the UK has some different names than the US, and some people prefer the other names as opposed to the ones of the country they are in...

Congratulations on the great hatch, beautiful little call babies. What kind of incubator do you use? Any tips for hatching call eggs? Looking to improve my lousy call hatching luck/skills. Thanks. :)

Thank you! I'm super stoked about my new babies too, lol...

I use either/or a Leahy redwood cabinet and a Genesis Hovabator 1588... hand turn exclusively, I don't add water until internal pip, I mist them once a day the last few days before internal pip... and I let them take their time, making a safe hole if necessary, but slow and steady... :)

Oh, you are definitely entertaining!!
gig.gif

My OH was born and raised in Chicago, and halfway through reading your post aloud he exclaimed the only ones more 'direct' than a Chicagoan is a New Yorker or from Germany!!
lau.gif

And for more info about Call colors... Blue Fawn is also called Blue Mallard as it is the wildtype Mallard color (also called Gray) with one blue dilution gene... 2 blue dipution genes makes Pastel (Apricot)... and Silver (Lavender) is 2 blue dilution genes but based off of blue bibbed or pied...

It's also confusing as the UK has some different names than the US, and some people prefer the other names as opposed to the ones of the country they are in...
I was actually talking about entertaining myself. Entertaining you is just a side effect
lau.gif
Yes, Germans are very direct (my wife is one), but they are very formal in their directness "(Translated) Francis, you worked pretty hard today. We should meet again after you have had a shower and then go out for some sausages for dinner." New York is more like, "Frankie, you stink!!! Get a shower and we'll go grab some dogs..."
gig.gif

I was actually talking about entertaining myself.  Entertaining you is just a side effect :lau   Yes, Germans are very direct (my wife is one), but they are very formal in their directness "(Translated) Francis, you worked pretty hard today.  We should meet again after you have had a shower and then go out for some sausages for dinner."  New York is more like, "Frankie, you stink!!! Get a shower and we'll go grab some dogs..." :gig

:lau

Yup!!! And in Chicago they yell 'Fire!' and just hit ya with the hose!

Back
Top Bottom