Re: Look what I was blaming on my girls............

ep.gif
SASSY BIRD! Well, it's a good thing that you can now stop blaming your girls
big_smile.png
I hope they didn't get less treats becasue of that
fl.gif

No one is watching right?

69791_jay.jpg

Double checking..............

69791_jay1.jpg

Going in for the nab

69791_jay2.jpg

HMMMMMM Egg gone within minutes again!

69791_jay3.jpg

I am going to try the trap again tomorrow with a really thin shelled, large egg that will break. Maybe that will make the bird trip the trap, change his rhythm
smile.png

Caspernc: I have very few problems with predation, the flock free ranges on 11 acres of the farm, there are lots of hiding places, hay barn, wood lot, tall grass and farm equipment. I have a auto door on their tractor/coop that opens at sunrise and closes at sunset and the coop is fairly secure. Three great roos run with the flock, I think that helps as well. I also check on them way more than I should! Racoons are the biggest threat..........

Wow! From somebody not having to deal with its point of view, it's pretty daggone funny - sneaky little bird. The hot glue might work, but I think the little guy/gal is just too light. Can you finaggle the spring wire so it's just barely holding????

I use a #2 for chipmunks and sparrows trip them all the time. I don't even use bait in them. they hide while running acrossed the yard. they see cover and go for it. the birds get trapped looking for nest sites. I think the glue will work since the egg on the face of the trigger will add weight to it.

Quote:
Great idea! Tomorrow........... Keep the ideas coming if it does not work
smile.png

I also have to admit as frustrating as this is it is somewhat humorous!!! Good thing I have a sense of humor
big_smile.png

Suprised blue birds do that. Here I am trying to protect mine after their nestlings got killed by other birds.

Well, the problem continues.............I did not have glue so I taped an egg with that clear packing tape to the trip plate in the trap last night. Went down this morning and found one broken egg in a nest, the egg in the trap untouched and no pics. on the trail cam (pointed at the trap). So, I taped another egg to the plate (2 now) and threw the broken one in the very back of the trap. Total of 8 ruined eggs today in various nests and nothing touched in the trap........ I set up our other trail cam tonight to take pics of one of the nests where there were broken eggs today and will see what tomorrow brings. Can the little stinkers be that smart?????

69791_trapeggs.jpg

FYI the date/time stamp on the cam is not set correctly
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom