Red sex link pullet??

Chick 1

TSC said there's a 10% error and where they were day old chicks, the red stripe wasn't too defined with one. One of the three I got, grew and developed differently then the other two so thought it might be a cockerel - chick 1. The feathers of chick 1 were also darker then the other two and wanted to get some feedback on them since I'm a newbie

The packers at the hatchery DO make mistakes on these Red Sex Links. Those of us who've ordered them by the box full have often remarked that occasionally far too many cockerels sneak through. It happens.

The point is that when they begin to drop the baby fuzz and start to feather in, which they do very, very quickly, the "mistakes" show up right away.
i also bought chicks from TSC for the same reason because i didn't want to start out with too many. i was told they are golden comet but only two had the dark stripes down the back. the other four are just a dark golden color so i am not sure if they actually are golden comets. you mentioned that when the baby fuzz drops off and they start to feather which mine have, " mistakes" show up right away? what are you referring to?

Back
Top Bottom