Red sex link pullet??

could she be a RIR? I know they don't have the stripes or a different breed of red? how old are they? mine are 3/4 days! I have named one nugget already :D as in chicken nugget
I put pink on her wing so I could tell her apart from the other 3. she is very friendly too!

Nugget's a cute name. I think mine must be close to a week, but some are a little older than others (maybe a day or two). They are usually a few days old by the time they get to the store, from what I read. My little light colored one is the friendliest one. She'll jump right up on my finger when I put it in there.

Last edited:
Nugget's a cute name. I think mine must be close to a week, but some are a little older than others (maybe a day or two). They are usually a few days old by the time they get to the store, from what I read. My little light colored one is the friendliest one. She'll jump right up on my finger when I put it in there.
yeah my red stars just arrived today the guy said that they are 2-3 days old and the others ar around 4 days old. Well maybe they out out casting her since she might be a different breed? I know my mallards did that to my khakis (ducks) when i introduced the khakis after a week. But that all changed after a hour.

DH wanted red chickens so today we got 6 Sex Links. Now I'm worried that maybe that isn't what we got. There were 2 signs on the tub, Sex Links and Buff Brahma's. When I asked, they said oh, they're gone. (Then why not remove the sign?) Anyway, they sure are cute.

Does TSC do special orders? I'd like to get Sicilian buttercup
Ours wouldn't add onto their order because they don't know what they are getting in the first place. (Or so I was told). I needed to order 25 and they would be shipped to my post office. TS has a little brochure. They didn't come in very clear but this is the order form. I just asked yesterday and by the end of the month, they won't be selling chick at the store. This season will be over.

Thanks guys. I do have some Red Sex Link chicks. I think I got a boy in the mix when they are supposed to be pullets. Do you guys find that Red Sex Links are a lot jumpier and get scared a lot easier then other breeds?

Pullet or cockerel? Idk how to post multiple pictures so one at a time. Chick 1 - one month old. I think is a cockerel

Back
Top Bottom