Redwood Incubators - Information, help, for sale and wanted

Pics
That sounds just like the set up in this incubator, right down to the little round light. I haven't found a tag, but that doesn't mean I haven't just overlooked it. The wafer is situated in the center front and the adjusting rod runs out the front of the unit. It was detached when I picked it up, so I don't know for certain that there wasn't something else that should have been with it. I wish I could plug it in and see what works, but the power cord, which was originally one of the cloth covered cords and then spliced at a later date, is so rat-chewed that the whole thing is going to have to be replaced before I can do anything else.
Yes it most likely had an over temp alarm that was part of the original wafer device.
I can show you a pic if you really want to see one.

Hello! I've been a lurker on this thread for a while. I've been looking for a redwood incubator for a while for our 4H club.....and FINALLY found one! It's a 1944 Montgomery Ward model number 14LZ-3665B. I'm super excited about it. I'm wondering if anyone on this thread has any tips/tricks. It is in great working order. I have never used an incubator like this before so I could use all the help I can get! I want to run a test hatch before we use it for the 4H club hatch. Thanks in advance!

Hello! I've been a lurker on this thread for a while. I've been looking for a redwood incubator for a while for our 4H club.....and FINALLY found one! It's a 1944 Montgomery Ward model number 14LZ-3665B. I'm super excited about it. I'm wondering if anyone on this thread has any tips/tricks. It is in great working order. I have never used an incubator like this before so I could use all the help I can get! I want to run a test hatch before we use it for the 4H club hatch. Thanks in advance!

WOW this is a very nice looking unit. Sorry I can't offer much from experience since I am just starting to learn about these. I am curious, it the water pan and heating element in the bottom or up in the top? Maybe we could see an inside pic.

Rustler - Heating element is in the bottom. The water pan (although missing) goes in the bottom as well. Here are a couple more pics. I'm super curious to hear what other folks think. This is my first time with anyting like this so I'm excited!!
celebrate.gif

Rustler - Heating element is in the bottom. The water pan (although missing) goes in the bottom as well. Here are a couple more pics. I'm super curious to hear what other folks think. This is my first time with anyting like this so I'm excited!!
celebrate.gif

This is a very nice clean looking unit. This is basically the same as a Leahy. There also be other brands on very similar machines. The machines I have are a different design produced by Sears and marketed under several names. The main difference is the Sears units have the heat, fan, water pan and thermostat ALL up top.

This is a very nice clean looking unit. This is basically the same as a Leahy. There also be other brands on very similar machines. The machines I have are a different design produced by Sears and marketed under several names. The main difference is the Sears units have the heat, fan, water pan and thermostat ALL up top.

This unit was made by Leahy as well for Montgomery Ward. From what I've read, Leahy made bators for a few different distributors. I've been busy cleaning it up today. I wiped the outside down with Murphy's Oil Soap (it was dirty!!) and just gave the inside a wipe down with vinegar water. The inside was pretty clean. I've got to oil the fan and I'm going to replace the original cord and plug with a ground, then I think I'll be all set to regulate it (gotta figure that out!) and run a test hatch.

Does anyone have pics or could post pics of the turners for the redwood incubators? The bator I just bought doesn't have the turners and I'm trying to decide if I can make something that will work. I'm hoping to set upwards of 400 eggs for a 4H fundraiser and dread hand turning them. Any help would be appreciated! Pics, advise, etc. THANK YOU! This is a pic of what we have.

Does anyone have pics or could post pics of the turners for the redwood incubators? The bator I just bought doesn't have the turners and I'm trying to decide if I can make something that will work. I'm hoping to set upwards of 400 eggs for a 4H fundraiser and dread hand turning them. Any help would be appreciated! Pics, advise, etc. THANK YOU! This is a pic of what we have.

There is a flat bar that is welded to the stiff wire holders. You don't have to have the wavy wire, they just keep the eggs from moving around. If you have 4 trays you need 2 turners. You slide one out of one and push it in the other. It looks like your bottom 2 trays are either in backwards, or rebuilt where there is no gap for the turner to slide in.

Back
Top Bottom