Redwood Incubators - Information, help, for sale and wanted

Pics
The indicator light bulb blew on my redwood. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement bulb? It's the light on the front that goes on and off when the heating element is on/off. It sits behind a protective cage just above the on/off switch so I imagine it's a pretty specific size. you can see it on the pic below. Any leads would be helpful! Thanks!

y Henny Hens" url="/t/639656/redwood-incubators-information-help-for-sale-and-wanted/360#post_13049652"]The indicator light bulb blew on my redwood. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement bulb? It's the light on the front that goes on and off when the heating element is on/off. It sits behind a protective cage just above the on/off switch so I imagine it's a pretty specific size. you can see it on the pic below. Any leads would be helpful! Thanks! [/quote] I used these: http://www.1000bulbs.com/product/56790/IN-0006S6RC120.html

The indicator light bulb blew on my redwood. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement bulb? It's the light on the front that goes on and off when the heating element is on/off. It sits behind a protective cage just above the on/off switch so I imagine it's a pretty specific size. you can see it on the pic below. Any leads would be helpful! Thanks!
Most likely you can get them at Home Depot, Lowe's or similar type hardware supply.

A work in progress..Lots of hand sanding and coat after coat of poly. I want it to last! Replacing the heating element, too low watts, but most of the other parts are in good shape. Gotta get on it though got lots of eggs to set and more coming daily.
I need some help with finding the egg positioners or turners for the racks. If anyone knows of where I can find some or how to make a set, I would be extremely grateful. That video of the turners in the bator was great. Would like to see one of how the Leahy type work also.
Can not wait to put this up against the 1502 Sportsman we got last year.

loving my redwood have 11 baby chicks right now 4 more pipped and 7 getting close this is my best hatch yet I am hatching them in styro bators and setting them in the Redwoods. Have a request to hatch out 20 dozen next week and I am confident in my abilities with these redwoods that I got. :)

I have a 1200 egg Farm master (circa 1964); Indicator bulb is missing; it appears to be a single contact, bayonet style opening; measures approximately .75" diameter; 1.25" length +/-. The only S6 bulbs I see are candlabra or double contact.

Who knows the exact indicator bulb for this incubator. Otherwise, works like a charm; trying to get it set up to do some hatching.

Thanks

So, I finally got a new heating element, cause for 3 weeks the incubator would stay around 84. For 2 days it stayed at 84, and then today, its up to 100. I'm going to let it go for a few days & see if it fluctuates. When we tested the element, it didn't register that electricity was going through it, so I was throwing my hands up in the air, and asked my brother to come take a look, but he hasn't yet....I wonder if there is a loose wire and that is why it goes up & down....so frustrating. Why didn't I marry an electricion?
idunno.gif

So I had a very "duh" moment. On my incubator, there is a light bulb with 2 switches below it, one on the right & one on the left. I knew the right one turned on the fan & inside light bulb plus the outside little indicator bulb. The switch on the left, I had no idea but I put it in the up position like the right one, figured whatever it controlled, that was the "on" position.

NO, it was the off position. This morning before I wrote my previous post, I flipped that switch down, just to see what would happen. This afternoon, the thing was 104 degrees! So, how come the electricity switch is opposite from what one would think it should be?

I then moved the wafer closer to the switch, although it looked like it was touching it even then. After about 4 minutes, that outside light went off with a click. I'm assuming that the outside light is the indicator that the electricity is on or off. But then, why did it always come on when I switched the fan switch on? I'm confused now. Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks in advance.

Sue

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom