Redwood Incubators - Information, help, for sale and wanted

I'm going to sell this one if anyone is interested. It is a Robbins 40. Solid redwood inside and out. The first compartment is set up for ostrich eggs.
IMG_4570.JPG
IMG_4572.JPG
IMG_4573.JPG
IMG_4578.JPG
IMG_4581.JPG
It needs a little work and some cleaning but it is beautiful.

Attachments

• IMG_4574.JPG
    IMG_4574.JPG
    561.4 KB · Views: 20
We are looking at selling our Farm Master 6 tray Incubator but need a little advice on market value. There is nothing to compare it to locally, and was hoping to get a fair deal on it. There are some minor bumps and bruises. Everything is completely original and not refinished. Works great and holds 102 degrees. I have both water pans and they do not leak. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give. IMG_0142.JPG IMG_0143.JPG IMG_0144.JPG IMG_0145.JPG IMG_0146.JPG IMG_0147.JPG IMG_0148.JPG IMG_0149.JPG IMG_0150.JPG .

Last edited:
Just for comparison, I paid $350 for my Leahy 416 about 2 years ago. It looks to be in similar shape. The previous owner thought it was working fine but it turns out the wafers were bad after all.
Wish you were closer, I know some folks who would like to have a redwood incubator.

Thanks Jack for the input. Yes, wafers are pretty inexpensive, Probably not a bad idea to make it known to the buyer that they ought to change them just for temp reliability. I've never had to use this. We always had more than willing broody hens. Just ran it several times to test it. Guy we got it from hatched quail out of it.

Hoping someone here will have some input. I have a Leahy that I need to replace the thermostat on when this hatch is done.

Is it possible to switch to a digital thermostat/hygrometer? Do I want to redo the heating coil at the same time? Any maintenance on the fan motor (was just oiled)? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom