Redwood Incubators - Information, help, for sale and wanted

Personally, I would keep the wafer thermostats. They're pretty easy to replace and not very expensive. Heating coil is an easy replacement also. But as long as it works, I'd leave it. If you think it may go out, then by a replacement to keep on hand. As for the fan motor, vacuum any dust and lint off of it and add a couple of drops of oil every week or so.
I put new wafers and microswitches in mine and it is rock steady.
I've been using the remote Incutherm thermometer/hygrometers for a few years and got tired of them never being accurate. I bought an old style dry-wet bulb thermometer to hang in the window of the door and now I rely on that more than the Incutherms.

I have what appears to be a Leahy Favorite Incubator, 416 E, and a smaller unit - brooder? They appear to be complete. We've had them for 15+ years and never did anything with them. We'd now like to sell them. Located in Western Washington between Seattle and Tacoma. Anyone interested? Ideas on price?

Posted it separately before finding this thread, but anyone have an idea what make this is? The plate was In between the air vents, above the pilot. I'm also looking for the socket to the pilot (says f&s 75w 125v) if anyone has one or knows of a source.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Leahy 4 sure i have a bigger one love it but too big for my needs Used it last 4 yrs thinking about buying a smaller incubator since im not a hatchery LOL

Thanks for the encouragement! I’ve been doing just that, and today the Leahy popped up! I got it for $250, in working condition. Just needs a little love on the outside to make it a show stopper. It was in NC: 5+ hours’ drive for me, but my daughter’s online student’s mom had the goodness to go and snag it for me. So, I haven’t seen it, but I’ll be getting it here in a couple of weeks. SO excited.

My plan is to keep watching for the Petersime 1 because the Leahy doesn’t have autoturners. If I ever find one, I’ll make this my hatcher. But, in the meantime, I have a Dickey’s hatcher that works okay, and I want to make sure I’m the best I can be as an incubator operator, so the need to turn by crank will keep me focused on all the nuances of this machine and my eggs.

DD826E06-33CE-4A9C-AAF4-587A9705E034.jpeg

16F1C969-27EB-4FFB-9358-A1E24F98B6A7.jpeg

2690A047-135F-468C-AEE9-B34E1455AA07.jpeg

Thanks for the encouragement! I’ve been doing just that, and today the Leahy popped up! I got it for $250, in working condition. Just needs a little love on the outside to make it a show stopper. It was in NC: 5+ hours’ drive for me, but my daughter’s online student’s mom had the goodness to go and snag it for me. So, I haven’t seen it, but I’ll be getting it here in a couple of weeks. SO excited.

My plan is to keep watching for the Petersime 1 because the Leahy doesn’t have autoturners. If I ever find one, I’ll make this my hatcher. But, in the meantime, I have a Dickey’s hatcher that works okay, and I want to make sure I’m the best I can be as an incubator operator, so the need to turn by crank will keep me focused on all the nuances of this machine and my eggs.

View attachment 1399270

View attachment 1399273

View attachment 1399274
That's awesome!! Congratulations. If you have any questions about it, send me a message. I'd be glad to help out. Since I'm not around during the day to do hand turning, I use an Incuturn turner and a Hovabator turner. If my schedule were such that I could, I would make a couple of the hand turners for the Leahy and use those.

I love my Leahy 460 way better then the New Harris farms Nurture right 360 Both after under a yr are DOA . PISSED company sent 1 replacement that came Broken or well fan didnt work and it over heated . so they had to send me a fan and heating element . now the origional one crapped out on me LMAO DO NOT Buy them . stick with the Leahy

That's awesome!! Congratulations. If you have any questions about it, send me a message. I'd be glad to help out. Since I'm not around during the day to do hand turning, I use an Incuturn turner and a Hovabator turner. If my schedule were such that I could, I would make a couple of the hand turners for the Leahy and use those.

I will look you up @Tabasco Jack after I work with it as is. I was thinking of the Incuturner, and wondering how I would wire it and still keep the integrity of the cabinet IF I didn’t want to hand turn. I think mine comes with the setting wires, but am not sure about the metal attachments that turn them. We shall see. Anyways, thanks for sharing my excitement and the offer of help.

Back
Top Bottom