Refocusing My Flock

Were you still looking for EE chicks?

There are now several breeders "locally" that are hatching them. Since I plan on getting birds of other breeds from them, if they have them when I go, I could pick them up. Then you & I could meet up...

You can speak to those breeders 1st to find out what they are using for parent stock. Personally, I've always found it confusing that a brown egg layer bred to a blue egg layer produces a chick that lays brown, pink or cream. Only way that happens is if blue egg layer has a white egg gene meaning that parent bird may not be purebred to begin with.

I remember when my hatchery EEs laid brighter/darker blue eggs than either of our purebred Ameraucana AND the CLBs. No brown, pink, olive green or cream eggs from those girls, but they were all shades of reds & browns. From TSC- Sanford in 2011, 2012 & 2013.

Do you FB/messenger, from which we could exchange phone #s?

Were you still looking for EE chicks?

There are now several breeders "locally" that are hatching them. Since I plan on getting birds of other breeds from them, if they have them when I go, I could pick them up. Then you & I could meet up...

You can speak to those breeders 1st to find out what they are using for parent stock. Personally, I've always found it confusing that a brown egg layer bred to a blue egg layer produces a chick that lays brown, pink or cream. Only way that happens is if blue egg layer has a white egg gene meaning that parent bird may not be purebred to begin with.

I remember when my hatchery EEs laid brighter/darker blue eggs than either of our purebred Ameraucana AND the CLBs. No brown, pink, olive green or cream eggs from those girls, but they were all shades of reds & browns. From TSC- Sanford in 2011, 2012 & 2013.

Do you FB/messenger, from which we could exchange phone #s?

Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it (and still remember some excellent advice you gave me about chickens in our climate when I was starting this flock).

I've decided to go with Whiting True Blues when I can get them. Carthage Farm Supply is supposed to be getting some in mid-June. :)

Back
Top Bottom