Regrouping after predator wipe-out...

Love it.
smile.png
Hey did you get your new birds today?
Yes we got two more this morning. I put them in the penned off area, came back an hour later and found them on the roost with the other birds! Here is Nadine (brahma) and Leona (gold laced cochin). I am still trying to get good pics of the five we added last week.

Yes we got two more this morning. I put them in the penned off area, came back an hour later and found them on the roost with the other birds! Here is Nadine (brahma) and Leona (gold laced cochin). I am still trying to get good pics of the five we added last week.
:jawdrop: ... Those_are_gorgeous!! Gold laced.. You just decided my next hen for me!! Or maybe a pair!? Haha I need more pics of that one! :)

:jawdrop: ... Those_are_gorgeous!! Gold laced.. You just decided my next hen for me!! Or maybe a pair!? Haha I need more pics of that one!
smile.png
yes I LOVE her. I can't believe the lady parted with her. She was only 10 bucks! haha. I am going to keep taking photos of her. Can't wait till we get more sunlight and shes outside.

I am pretty new to different breeds & didn't know that "golden laced" coloring was on anything but wyandottes- the Cochin is beautiful! I have a few golden laced wyandottes, which are good for our cold climate.

Here's a "baby picture" of one with prettier coloring-you can see them all grown up in my avatar pic.

I am pretty new to different breeds & didn't know that "golden laced" coloring was on anything but wyandottes- the Cochin is beautiful! I have a few golden laced wyandottes, which are good for our cold climate.

Here's a "baby picture" of one with prettier coloring-you can see them all grown up in my avatar pic.
beautiful!

Olive is beautiful! Thankfully she survived. We are in Western Australia and have the same problem with foxes, as we live on 3acres behind a lake. A fox came in about a month ago and obliterated the last of our beautiful ladies by climbing up over our 8foot fence with spiky wire on the top. It's breeding season here for foxes and I guess they're desperate because they came into our yard in daylight, believe it or not! We have a huge chook-run, a 3m square shed for night-time inside a 30 square metre run. We spent last week putting netting/wire over the top of the whole area and I got myself a new flock on the weekend - 12 ISA brown pullets and a beautiful white leg horn rooster. Your pictures of your chook-run look fantastic, a great place for chooks, so I wish you luck!

Deacons- I had a Silver Laced Wyandotte pair, the roo being "Steve" who I know I've mentioned.. He was a fanTASTIC roo. Great chickens. :)

Cathscluckers- thanks so much! I really hope they'll be safe. On one hand it's nice being closed in, on the other it would be worse if something DID get in bc there's nowhere to escape. When I got home tonight I was sure to take a flashlight and inspect my perimeter for any digging.. Good so far. And I got another egg today, looks to be from the same bird as yesterday so not sure who but somebody is on a roll. :) hopefully they all will be soon.

Good luck to you also with your new flock!! Forgive me, ISA=? Not sure if I'm drawing a blank or just don't know. I hope you will have great luck this time!!

Back
Top Bottom