Rehomed my American Buffs

GarlicEater

Songster
8 Years
Feb 23, 2011
Gilroy, CA
Well, I gave my flock to a guy who lives a few miles from me, he's got a pond and with a growing kid needs the eggs more than I do.

So, since my flock had the run of the 5 acres here, here's how we did it:

I set up an enclosure with t-posts and wire fencing, and fed the geese their corn in it for a couple of evenings and kept them in there overnight, let 'em out in the morning. The guy came over this morning, and I had feed bags with one corner cut out and string ready. We got into the pen and one grabbed a goose, and the other would put the bag over it so the goose's head could poke out the hole, and would tie up the open end with string, and place the goose outside the enclosure. Pretty soon we had 14 bagged up geese! They went into the back of his pickup truck. He'll put them in a coop he's got at his place for a few days then they'll have his place to run around, it's fenced and he's got a good herding dog, a blue heeler.

So that's it for my goose keeping phase. I can't say they're my favorite livestock but they're sure interesting and if you're bored, they're the pet to have. They'll keep you constantly entertained.

And.... the pictures are where?
wink.png

I can't post pictures here, I can send them by email if anyone wants them.

They're just big ol' featherbutts, I have a funny pic of them freaking out over a possum in a trap.

Quote:
Posting pictures is very easy. You load them to a phono website like photobucket or flickr then just copy the image code and past it here!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom