Remind me again... When do you start counting incubation days?

This thread is exactly what I have been searching for. My questions answered. @AmyLynn2374 and @Allie3513 thank you.

Your welcome. I can't take much credit though, Amy has been my first hatch, life preserver.
1f60a.png

This thread is exactly what I have been searching for. My questions answered. @AmyLynn2374 and @Allie3513 thank you.
When you have a question, just ask and usually someone will answer, a lot of times more than one someone with more than one answer. lol

Your welcome. I can't take much credit though, Amy has been my first hatch, life preserver.
1f60a.png
Glad I could help.

12 but 2 went in with a B on these because they were questionable. I didn't see any life but didn't see any blood rings either.

So I notice on most of these, the air sack was way down on the egg. As in if you marked would run from the top to mid way, almost bottom of other side. What does that mean?

12 but 2 went in with a B on these because they were questionable. I didn't see any life but didn't see any blood rings either.

So I notice on most of these, the air sack was way down on the egg. As in if you marked would run from the top to mid way, almost bottom of other side. What does that mean?
Before the chicks start hatching the air cell "draws" down. Sometimes more dramatically than others. On some eggs that means almost one side of the egg will be air cell while the other is filled with chick. When you have gotten a few eggtopsies under your belt you will notice that when you go into the air cell and start chipping away downward that one side of the egg has a bit more space and is easier to chip the shell from than the other. That is the result of the air cell and it being "drawn" down before hatch. It's also why sometimes you can have a chick that pips smack dab in the center rather than up where your aircells are marked and it'll still be in the air cell.

I'm a horrible hatcher. I can't bring myself to disect them.
1f629.png

I just tossed these.
That doesn't make you a horrible hatcher. There are plenty of people that can't do eggtopsies. I encourage people to do them when they can because it can be educational, but someone who isn't comfortable doing them shouldn't. There is no need to torment yourself if you can't can't do them. I'd rather see someone not do an eggtopsy than do one and have it really affect them afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom