Repurposed Couple of Playhouses

JonesEst1994

In the Brooder
Jan 30, 2015
Husband & I have thought about getting chickens for around 3 yrs............I saw pin on pintrest of a coop made from repurposed playhouses and decided this year was the year
smile.png
smile.png

I will admit it ended up not being as "simple" as I thought it would and honestly we still aren't done but the coop portion is done and now we are working on the run. I just "knew" we would have this easy peasy project done by the time the chicks were big enough to move outside.........ummmmm NO! LOL! But it is now done enough for these big ole girls to get outdoors & off my sun porch. Thought I would share some pictures. The run is only temporary & we only let the girls out when someone is in the backyard because it is far from predator safe & really isn't escape proof either......lol

Thanks.............been hard getting time to work on completing the run..........between rain & lack of days off............we are hoping to finish it today though............lets hope weather & time cooperate
smile.png

I too have wanted chickens for a long time. I found a playhouse on Craigslist for $25.00 that we are going to re-purpose for our coop. Thank you for sharing your photos. Still haven't figured out the nesting boxes yet, but I have some general ideas.

Back
Top Bottom