Rescued Hen. I think a bantam. Breed?

give her at least 2 weeks to start growing in feathers and if she doesn't she maybe a frazzle as the feathers she does have look frizzled

give her at least 2 weeks to start growing in feathers and if she doesn't she maybe a frazzle as the feathers she does have look frizzled
I sure hope she's not :fl

Frizzles molt really badly, so it's not unheard of for them to look like this during this time of year. But since the OP is saying she's laying, and that she isn't molting.. That does have me thinking frazzle.

I sure hope she's not
fl.gif

Frizzles molt really badly, so it's not unheard of for them to look like this during this time of year. But since the OP is saying she's laying, and that she isn't molting.. That does have me thinking frazzle.
the feathers could have been taken by other chickens since there wasn't enough space for them (and her)in their previous home

the feathers could have been taken by other chickens since there wasn't enough space for them (and her)in their previous home

That's what I would think, too. I've had a few hens that came from crowded homes, and they were missing a good chunk of feathers because of the other chickens there. They grew the feathers back in after a little while and were fine. I think some of them had also lost some of their feathers due to stress, since they were scrawny girls when I adopted them. Maybe that's a factor here, as well?

I had no idea that a frazzle was possible! If that's the case, maybe OP needs to get some sweaters for the poor girl, hehe.

her feathers are coming back
smile.png
. I pick her up and looked at her, Shes full of pin feathers now. Shes looking alot better and seems much happier. She has free range of my yard during the day but gets put up at night. Shes not very friendly and is very strong for her size. shes hard to pick up because she can pull away from u. Ive never had a chicken that felt so strong lol

Back
Top Bottom