Research on worming chickens with albendazole

I'm looking to buy some albendazole to supplement a bottle of wazine 17 I already have acquired. Lots of people seem to be recommending Valbazen brand, but it's really expensive and I only have 5 chickens, so it will probably expire before I get to use even half the bottle. I searched amazon and ebay for albendazole, and I see that some other products came up besides just Valbazen. I see that there's options for brands such as Zentel tablets and Andazol tablets too which are much cheaper than Valbazen. Does anyone have any comments or thought about using these tablets instead of the Valbbazen liquid? If they are decent options in the tablet form, what would be a recommended dose? Thanks in advance for any thought.

Last edited:
dosage for 30-34oz bantams? and do u have to wait 3 weeks to eat the eggs or 7 days or none? plz and ty :)

30 ounces = 850 grams, so one this weight gets 0.15ml Valbazen
34 ounces = 964 grams, so one this weight gets 0.17ml Valbazen

Dose does not need to be exact, so round up to 0.2ml if that's easier for you.

-Kathy

Hello:

I have been following this thread for some time. I am "subscribed". I see this wormer in the Cattle section at my local feed/farm store and it is EXPENSIVE.
I have asked if they would consider getting a smaller dose in, but they state the one that costs 45 Bucks is the smallest they would carry.
I do not have THAT many chickens (in denial, euphoric recall, etc.) or Guinea Fowl (only 22).

So my question is:

Will Wazine work OK if I give 15 ml per gallon (10 ml per gallon is normal) 30ml per 8 ounces and I only buy the pint (8 ounce) dose bottle. if I am correct.

I give it in a ONE gallon application and the water is gone within 24 hours as directied.

I know my Guineas are clean now. But, the chickens are always in the grass or dirt and it is just impossible to keep them clean all the time.

Thanks in Advance
Guinea

Hello:

I have been following this thread for some time. I am "subscribed". I see this wormer in the Cattle section at my local feed/farm store and it is EXPENSIVE.
I have asked if they would consider getting a smaller dose in, but they state the one that costs 45 Bucks is the smallest they would carry.
I do not have THAT many chickens (in denial, euphoric recall, etc.) or Guinea Fowl (only 22).

So my question is:

Will Wazine work OK if I give 15 ml per gallon (10 ml per gallon is normal) 30ml per 8 ounces and I only buy the pint (8 ounce) dose bottle. if I am correct.

I give it in a ONE gallon application and the water is gone within 24 hours as directied.

I know my Guineas are clean now. But, the chickens are always in the grass or dirt and it is just impossible to keep them clean all the time.

Thanks in Advance
Guinea
Wazine will only treat large roundworms.

-Kathy

-Kathy

i found a 60ml bottle of valbanzen online but its for dogs was wondering if its all the same. reviews on site are good for chickens but no ingredient list on their page. that and can anyone tell me if i have to wait to eat thier eggs after treating with valbazen?

-Kathy

i found a 60ml bottle of valbanzen online but its for dogs was wondering if its all the same. reviews on site are good for chickens but no ingredient list on their page. that and can anyone tell me if i have to wait to eat thier eggs after treating with valbazen?

Call them and ask what the active ingredient is and they should say that it's albendazole 113.6mg/ml or 11.36% albendazole. Is this where you found it?
https://www.wholesalekennel.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=29

Egg withdrawal, most people wait 14 days after last dose.

-Kathy

Last edited:
ya thats the site

ya its the same stuff but unless u plan to order mores than one (which really no point just get the bigger one) u will need to call them to order thier shipping online is set to a flat rate (for larger orders) lady i spoke with was willing to give me a redusted shipping price seeing how i only ordered thw one item :)

Back
Top Bottom