Respiratory sounds- first time hearing this

I will try and get a pic later today when my hubby can help hold her. I can't really get her eye open by myself.

Well, I would use Terramycin ointment in her eyes. Mycoplasma is opportunistic in chickens, and can be a secondary infection in fowl pox. Tylosin powder in the water can treat symptoms of MG. I get that from Jedds.com. But pox symptoms can last a month give or take a week. Vet Rx is herbal oils (rosemary, oregano,) pineoil , alcohol and camphor, so nothing will treat viruses or bacteria. Let us know how she gets along.
Mycoplasma causes watery eyes and wheezing. 1 cc of Denaguard from a syringe every 12 hours clears up the worst cases in 1 week.

Mycoplasma causes watery eyes and wheezing. 1 cc of Denaguard from a syringe every 12 hours clears up the worst cases in 1 week.
Thank you. I have her on enrofloxacin currently. I show that it's effective. But I'll look into some denaguard for the future, thank you!
What is the formulary that you use? I see there is powder and liquid form

Is enro working? I would only switch if you are not experiencing success. I keep a large bottle of it for respiratory issues during changing weather. Many breeders give it to their chickens before a show as a preventantive. Not the intended use, but it is how I found out.

Is enro working? I would only switch if you are not experiencing success. I keep a large bottle of it for respiratory issues during changing weather. Many breeders give it to their chickens before a show as a preventantive. Not the intended use, but it is how I found out.
Maybe i just need to give it a little longer... her breathing is a little better, but she's still not eating or drinking on her own. Still getting tube feeds. She seems appreciative afterwards

Enrofloxacin is probably the most effective antibiotic to use for MG, reproductive disorders, etc. Viruses, including fowl pox will not respond to any antibiotic. I would finish the course. Be aggressive treating the eye at least twice a day with flushing with saline, and applying Terramycin.

Back
Top Bottom