Reusable egg cartons

Battlepants

Songster
Dec 13, 2021
So, chicken math has gotten the best of me and our little 2 person household is barely able to consume the eggs we get from our 5 hens, let alone then 8 additional pullets that will start laying in the upcoming months. Unfortunately, selling isn't really an option as it would go against the HOA we have over here, so I'm considering a middleground - giving away the excess eggs to friends, family and neighbors. In that, I will need containers, preferably reusable ones to reduce waste. I see a decent number of plastic ones on Amazon but I know those reviews can be heavily skewed, so instead, here I am asking if anyone has any reusable egg cartons that they particularly like, or ones to particularly avoid.

Unfortunately, selling isn't really an option as it would go against the HOA we have over here,
They allow you to have a dozen chickens but not sell dozens of eggs?
Selling eggs doesn't mean you put out a sign and have gobs of strangers stopping by.
Best way to sell is within your network of friends, coworkers, etc.
They can come pick them up, or you deliver.

I actually have people save their egg cartons from the stores and then they give them to me. I then fill up the egg cartons and give them back to and they return them when they are empty again.
Yes^^^
Once folks know you sell eggs, you may end up with more cartons than you can ever use. :gig

and depending on how greedy your co workers are etc, if you ever 'give' them eggs, they will give you an empty 30 flat back, expecting you to fill that too... for free :(

Just ask people to save you the cartons they get from the store, OR they got from you. If you give away a dozen or so eggs, most the time that person will be more than happy to save cartons for you for a deal on good eggs or an occasional freebie back.

Buying them, those empty cartons get EXPENSIVE !! Then there's the shipping on them too.

Also, goto restaruants, and the grocery store's, ask them what they do with their busted eggs. Most the time they just hunk them, and you may have to turn a garden hose on it but getting a case of egg cartons for free ain't a bad thing.

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom